Urban Futures Brisbane Board portfolios
The Urban Futures Brisbane Board is responsible for five main initiatives grouped under the following portfolio areas:
Inclusive Brisbane Board
The Inclusive Brisbane Board provides advice and guidance to Council on social inclusion issues, especially in relation to growth and development across Brisbane. This includes:
- building resilience within communities
- acting on key homelessness issues across Brisbane
- seeking opportunities to provide arts and creative spaces
- encouraging coordinated efforts of services across all levels of government and the community.
For more information, refer to the Inclusive Brisbane Board.
Independent Design Advisory Panel
The Independent Design Advisory Panel consists of a range of members independent from Council who provide industry-based real world advice on:
- design, quality and appropriateness of strategies and projects of importance to Brisbane's growth
- enhancing the quality of Council's planning approach by contributing innovative ideas.
For more information, refer to the Independent Design Advisory Panel.
Urban Renewal Brisbane
For over 20 years, Urban Renewal Brisbane has continued to pursue practical and innovative rejuvenation of the central business district and important inner-city areas.
Urban Renewal Brisbane ensures these revitalised areas are a great place for people and business by focusing on integrating:
- mixed-use areas
- subtropical building forms
- new and improved public spaces.
The City Centre Master Plan 2014 has been developed to:
- reinforce the city centre as Queensland’s major economic and retail hub ensuring future capacity and infrastructure exists to support growth and economic activity
- ensure high standards of urban development and subtropical design of buildings and public spaces
- enhance the city centre as a people place by creating new recreational spaces, cultural facilities and experiences
- improve access to the city centre for local businesses, residents and workers with new transit and better walking and cycling options.