Floodwise Property Reports conditions of use
You accept that by accessing the FloodWise Property Report via this website, you agree to the terms of the disclaimer contained in the report.
- The flood information supplied does not represent the highest probable flood level that could occur on this property. A flood more severe than a Defined Flood can occur, although, such events are rare.
- A property may be affected by several sources of flooding (e.g. Brisbane River, overland flow, creek, waterway or storm tide). Council provides flood information on the highest known source.
- If a property is affected by flooding, it may also be impacted by a Waterway Corridor. The Waterway Corridor indicates where development is controlled to preserve the capacity of the land to meet the waterway objectives. For further information phone the Development Assessment Customer Liaison Officer on 07 3403 8888.
- Flooding may result from other sources including waterway tributaries and Localised Overland Flow / local runoff. Stormwater pipes may also be found on your property. For works in localised overland flow paths or build over stormwater, the applicant must lodge an application for Building Over/Near Stormwater Facilities to Council for assessment. The location of stormwater pipes can be obtained from Council’s Customer Service Centres. The applicant must engage a suitably qualified and experienced Registered Professional Engineer in Queensland (RPEQ) to undertake the appropriate assessments.
- Any proposed filling of land must be undertaken in accordance with legal responsibilities and the requirements specified in the Brisbane City Plan 2014. Habitable floor levels are to be in accordance with the Brisbane City Plan 2014.
- All levels shown on this report have been determined from the information available to Council at the date of issue. The levels for a particular property may change if more detailed information becomes available, or changes are made in the method of calculating flood levels. Changes in the condition of local creeks and waterways may further alter the effects of flooding.
- The FloodWise Property Report is a guide only and should not be used or relied upon for development purposes. It is recommended that an Engineer (RPEQ) and Registered Surveyor be engaged to undertake the appropriate development assessments.
- For the reasons set out above, Council makes no warranty or representation regarding the accuracy or completeness of a FloodWise Property Report. Council disclaims any responsibility or liability in relation to the use or reliance by any person (including third parties) on a FloodWise Property Report.
Return to the FloodWise Property Report.