Ainsdale Street Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council completed a $350,000 streetscape improvement project in June 2018 to refresh the Ainsdale Street strip of shops, between Glenrowen Street and Parmiter Street, Chermside West.
The Ainsdale Street Village Precinct Project delivered streetscape infrastructure to contribute to and encourage local economic development and the community's sense of place at this neighbourhood centre.
Council is committed to creating and maintaining our vibrant suburban centres and the upgrades to the Ainsdale Street shops will help to ensure that Chermside West remains a great neighbourhood place for the local community.
- footpath upgrades - replacement of the existing footpath with a visually and physically improved finish to improve accessibility, maintainability and visual amenity
- improved safety to pedestrian crossing - realignment of existing pedestrian crossings and additional cautionary tactile paving to existing kerb ramps
- tree planting - to improve visual and physical amenity
- groundcover plantings - to new and existing garden beds to improve visual amenity
- street furniture and unique seating - to improve physical amenity and accessibility.
You can also view these images on Council's Flickr account.