Biota Street Inala Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council completed a $500,000 streetscape improvement project in mid-2019 to refresh the Biota Street strip of shops in Inala. The Biota Street, Inala Village Precinct Project delivered streetscape infrastructure to contribute to and encourage local economic development and enhance the sense of place at this neighbourhood centre.
Council is committed to creating a city of neighbourhoods, a key principle of the Brisbane Future Blueprint, and maintaining our vibrant suburban centres and the upgrades to the Biota Street shops will help to ensure that Inala remains a great neighbourhood place for the local community.
- footpath upgrades – replaced sections of the existing footpath to improve accessibility, maintainability and visual amenity
- upgraded pedestrian and street lighting
- improved safety to pedestrian crossing – upgraded pedestrian crossings and kerb ramps, and additional cautionary tactile paving to improve accessibility
- groundcover plantings to new and existing garden beds to improve visual amenity
- street furniture, including new standard seats, bike racks and new water fountain to improve physical amenity and places to sit and stay
- refurbished existing placemaking furniture (seats, noticeboard, bike rack) and a new decorative patterns on the upgraded footpath.