Sunnybank Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council will be working with the local community to revitalise the neighbourhood shopping precinct in Sunnybank as part of the Village Precinct Projects program (VPP).
We're committing $1.2 million to the improvement project, which aims to:
- improve the existing amenity, connections and safety for local residents and visitors
- contribute to and encourage local economic growth
- enhance the community's sense of place and pride in the neighbourhood centre.
Proposed VPP upgrades include:
- footpath upgrades to improve accessibility, maintenance and visual amenity
- street greening, including street tree planting to improve visual and physical amenity, and limit the urban heat island effect
- groundcover plantings to new and existing garden beds
- inclusion of new unique seating and standard Council street furniture
- investigating creative lighting and mural opportunities.
|Community consultation||Completed in late 2019.|
|Construction||Construction is planned to begin in early 2020 and is scheduled to be complete in mid-2020, subject to weather and site conditions. Council will consult with business owners and operators within the construction areas to ensure minimal disruption occurs during construction. Access to all businesses will be maintained during the construction period.|
|Project completion||The project is currently scheduled to be complete by mid-2020.|
Construction timing and impacts
Construction is planned to begin in early 2020 and is expected to be completed in mid-2020, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Construction will primarily take place between Sunday and Thursday from 8pm to 5am. These works will be undertaken at night when traffic volumes are lowest to ensure the safety of motorists and workers and to minimise traffic and business disruptions. Some day works are required for works within the vicinity of the intersection and will take place between 6am and 5pm.
Properties in close proximity to the work may experience some construction noise, dust, and vibration, however, every effort will be made to minimise the impacts on the local community.
Access to local businesses will be maintained during business hours throughout the construction period.
Council is committed to minimising the impact of the works on the community as much as possible. We would like to thank local residents in advance for their patience and understanding during these works.
For more information on the Sunnybank Village Precinct Project, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak to the project team, or email the project team.