Plumbing inspections and as-constructed plans

All compliance assessable plumbing and drainage work must be inspected by Council. During construction the plumbing contractor will contact Council to arrange for the work to be inspected.


Before booking a final plumbing inspection for a commercial application Council requires:

  • all Form 9’s and payment for any installed testable backflow prevention devices
  • a full set of as-constructed drawings on site
  • a PDF version of the as-constructed drawings to be lodged with Council.

Commercial as-constructed drawings are required to be submitted in the same format as Council’s stamped approved set with the same number of drawings/pages.

Download the final inspection fact sheet:

For licensed plumbing contractors, the installed plumbing needs to be visible and under test.

From 1 January 2018, at the drain inspection for a domestic application, the licensed plumbing contractor is required to provide the Council Plumbing Inspector with the as-constructed drainage plan.

To book an inspection by a Council Plumbing Inspector, phone Council on 07 3403 8888. Fees apply.

Domestic as-constructed drainage plan requirements

Commencing 1 January 2018 Council will require the licensed plumbing contractor to provide an as-constructed drainage plan to the Council Plumbing Inspector at the sanitary drain inspection.

The as-constructed plan is to indicate the sewer connection details and all in-ground sanitary drainage plus the location of the water meter and in-ground water service to the point of entry.

The as-constructed plan must be drawn on the Council template provided below and be either A4 or A3 size. The fact sheet below contains an example indicating the standard required.

Failure to provide the as-constructed drainage plan at the sanitary drain inspection or to the required standard may result in the inspection being failed and further charges applied.

Download the fact sheet and template:

Licensed plumbers

All plumbing and drainage work, other than unregulated work, must be carried out by a licensed plumber or drainer. To confirm a plumber or drainer is in possession of a current suitable license, visit the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC) website or phone the QBCC on 13 93 33.

06 June 2018