PlumbSMART is Council’s self-assessable alternative to the full compliance assessment of eligible plumbing and drainage work.
What plumbing and drainage work is eligible?
Applications for the assessment of the proposed plumbing and drainage work for the construction of a new dwelling house that:
- is detached, i.e. no common walls with adjoining dwellings
- will have its own direct connection to QUU’s water and sewer network, i.e. not be connected to a combined sanitary drain, common drainage or an on-site sewerage facility
- will not require trade waste assessment.
How does it work?
Submit your PlumbSMART application online via Council’s Online Services portal and attach the required supporting documentation indicating how the proposal meets the criteria.
Within 24 hours an automated notice containing important information will be sent to your nominated email address.
Please note: No assessment is carried out by Council prior to the first inspection.
By submitting a PlumbSMART application, you are acknowledging that the proposed plumbing and drainage work meets the criteria and complies with the provisions of the Regulation.
Compliance assessable plumbing and drainage work performed without the relevant approval may be subject to enforcement action by Council.
Prior to submitting your application, you will need to confirm that the property is not currently connected to a combined sanitary drain.
Council also recommends checking if the property is affected by flooding as this will have implications for the drainage installation.
- Completed Form 1 – Compliance assessment application for plumbing, drainage and onsite sewerage work
- Attach plans/drawings indicating the existing or future sewer connection
- Attach site plans indicating:
- correct street address or lot/plan
- floorplans of the proposed single detached class 1a dwelling
- all boundaries and street frontages.
After receiving your PlumbSMART notice
During construction, your licensed plumbing contractor will need to organise for a Council Plumbing Inspector to conduct a number of inspections of the installed plumbing and drainage works. You must quote the plumbing application/reference number when making any enquiries.
Find out more about plumbing and drainage by phoning Council on 07 3403 8888 for residential customers, or 133 BNE (133 263) for business customers, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.