Plumbing and drainage

All plumbing and drainage work must comply with current legislative requirements and regulations. Find out about the types of plumbing and drainage works that require Brisbane City Council approval, including how to go about getting approval and arranging inspections.

Lodgement and approvals

Find out about different types of plumbing and drainage work, including when you need to get Council approval and how to lodge your application.


Find out about PlumbSMART, Council’s new fast-track approval process for low-risk, domestic plumbing applications.

Fees and information

Find out the fees and charges that apply to plumbing and drainage, inspections and how to find a licensed plumber.

Backflow prevention

Do you have a backflow prevention device on your property? Find out what your responsibilities are and how to submit testing results.

Sewerage facilities

An onsite sewerage treatment facility is any system that stores, treats and disposes of household wastewater on the property. Find out if you need a permit.

Water supply and sewerage

Find out about water supply and sewerage, including when you need to contact Queensland Urban Utilities instead of Council.


03 July 2014