Heritage Incentives Scheme
- up to $3000 for small projects ($1000-$15,000 in conservation costs)
- up to $10,000 for large projects (more than $15,000 in conservation costs)
- up to $15,000 for not-for-profit organisations.
- replacing roofs, guttering, and downpipes to match the original profile and materials
- repairing timber joinery
- reversing unsympathetic alterations to restore original form
- restumping and other urgent structural work
- work to prevent structural failure or damage to the heritage place, such as improving drainage around a building
- repainting a building in its original colours or in a colour scheme that reflects its heritage significance
- removing paint to uncover the original surface
- cleaning masonry.
- measured drawings or specifications
- conservation management plans
- structural engineering reports
- other reports investigating the built fabric of a heritage place or arranging for its conservation.
- altering the heritage place in a way that is not consistent with conservation principles (for example, adding or enlarging windows or doors, or raising houses)
- adding or replacing elements that are not of cultural heritage significance such as kitchen or bathroom fit-outs, wiring, plumbing, or installing security devices or fire alarms
- work that has already started or been completed
- routine maintenance work (for example, termite treatments, fixing blocked drains, or pruning or removing trees not part of the cultural heritage significance of the place)
- new buildings or extensions
- paving and landscaping, unless this work reinstates elements of cultural heritage significance or prevents potential damage to a heritage place.
How to apply
Grant recipient profiles
Council profiles previous grant recipients so that you can learn valuable tips to help you apply for a grant, as well as find out how grant funding has helped recipients achieve their goals. Our current profiles feature recipients of the Heritage Incentives Scheme. Read the profiles.
Acquittal reports for applicants
- phone the City Architecture and Heritage team on 07 3403 8888
- email the City Architecture and Heritage team