A development application is an application for a development approval made under the Planning Act 2016 (PA).
Development is defined in Schedule 2 of the PA as:
- carrying out building work
- carrying out plumbing or drainage work
- carrying out operational work
- reconfiguring a lot (i.e. a subdivision)
- making a material change of use of premises (i.e. starting a new use, re-establishing a use that has been abandoned or changing the intensity or scale of the use).
Council assesses development under the following application types: