Using the Manual
The Centres Detail Design Manual deals with design matters including:
- footways - the footpath, kerb, planting and street furniture
- lanes, cross block links, corner land dedications and buildouts
- public art contributions
The manual is divided into four chapters:
- Using the Manual: This chapter sets out who should use the Manual and how to navigate, the document structure and contact details.
- Locality Advice: This chapter includes all centres in Brisbane where guidance is available for upgrading footways and locations where public art contributions are needed.
- Streetscape Design: Section A details the new Citywide Streetscape Hierarchy. Section B provides guidance on elements and materials for footway upgrades.
- Technical Details: This chapter provides additional technical information for the elements and materials outlined in Section B.
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free.
For more information, download:
- email the Urban Design Unit
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- write to:
Urban Design Unit
City Planning and Sustainability Division
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4000