Proposed citywide amendment - Biodiversity
To ensure City Plan remains effective and up-to-date, Brisbane City Council is proposing amendments to its biodiversity provisions. This will reflect improved biodiversity mapping and changes in legislation, as well as previous community and industry feedback.
Council has reviewed recently updated mapping from the Queensland Government alongside current circumstances on the ground, such as new built developments or revegetated areas, and used it as a major input into the new biodiversity overlay.
The amendment package is following the major amendment process as outlined in the Queensland Government’s guideline for Making and amending local planning instruments.
The proposed amendment package was publicly notified for community submissions from 18 April until 6 June 2017. Council is currently reviewing the submissions received. Once completed, Council will write to everyone who has made a properly made submission and publish a copy of the submissions report online.
For an overview of the proposed changes, you can download the:
You can also download a copy of the public notice:
- Notice of proposal to amend Brisbane City Plan 2014 (PDF - 198kb)
- Notice of proposal to amend Brisbane City Plan 2014 (Word - 102kb).
View the list of amendments:
View the proposed amendments to strategic framework maps:
- Citywide Amendments - Biodiversity strategic framework maps SFM-001 (PDF - 5Mb)
- Citywide Amendments - Biodiversity strategic framework maps SFM-002 (PDF - 7.36Mb)
- Citywide Amendments - Biodiversity strategic framework maps SFM-003 (PDF - 10.15Mb)
- Citywide Amendments - Biodiversity strategic framework maps SFM-004 (PDF - 6.18Mb)
- Citywide Amendments - Biodiversity strategic framework maps SFM-005 (PDF - 3.21Mb).
Download the proposed City Plan amendment document:
View the proposed amendments to overlay maps via the map or the PDFs below.
The proposed biodiversity areas overlay identifies ecologically significant areas of Brisbane as well as koala habitat areas.
To find out which number tile corresponds to your suburb, add your address in the boxes below. Then you can download the appropriate overlay map for your area.
Alternatively, you can view the proposed amendments to overlay maps as downloadable PDFs:
- Citywide Amendments - Biodiversity overlay maps 1-20 (PDF - 11.99Mb)
- Citywide Amendments - Biodiversity overlay maps 21-28 (PDF - 14.42Mb)
- Citywide Amendments - Biodiversity overlay maps 29-35 (PDF - 14.39Mb)
- Citywide Amendments - Biodiversity overlay maps 36-57 (PDF - 13.75Mb).
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them, and may be inaccessible to website assistive technologies. If you require assistance accessing or interpreting any of these maps phone Council on 07 3403 8888. Documents on this page may also have large file sizes, and may take some time to download.
|14 June 2016||Council proposed to amend the City Plan|
|June 2016-August 2016||Drafting of amendment package|
|September-February 2016||Queensland Government review|
|18 April-6 June 2017||Public consultation including the opportunity for submissions on the draft amendment package|
|Early 2018||Queensland Government review|
|Early-mid 2018||Queensland Government approval to adopt and Council adoption and gazettal|
Other City Plan amendments
You may be interested to find out about other proposed amendments to City Plan.
Register for updates
To stay informed about City Plan and receive regular email updates, including on proposed amendments, you can register your interest.
For more information about the proposed major amendment to City Plan 2014, you can:
- email the project team
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- write to:
City Planning & Economic Development
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001