Proposed citywide amendment - Major amendment package E
Brisbane is a great place to live, work and relax. To ensure our friendly and liveable city continues to thrive and Brisbane City Plan 2014 (City Plan) remains effective and up-to-date, Brisbane City Council is proposing amendments to some of its citywide provisions with Major amendment package E.
Through amendments to City Plan, Council ensures planning decisions continue to reflect principles developed with community input, including protecting our city’s backyards and unique character, and creating and protecting greenspace.
The proposed amendments include changes across a range of citywide provisions, including:
- car share
- industry provisions
- major transport infrastructure – Council controlled road tunnels
- multiple dwellings
- significant landscape trees
- Special Entertainment Areas
- the Emerging community zone
- transport air quality corridors
- waterway corridors
- mapping – including zoning and overlays.
The proposed amendment package was publicly notified for submissions from 5 March until 12 April 2019. Council is currently reviewing the submissions received. Once completed, Council will write to everyone who has made a properly made submission and publish a copy of the submissions report online.
For an overview of the proposed amendments, you can download the:
- Proposed citywide amendment – Major amendment package E fact sheet (PDF - 230kb)
- Proposed citywide amendment – Major amendment package E fact sheet (Word - 210kb).
You can also download a copy of the public notice:
This proposed amendment package is following the ‘major amendment’ process as outlined in the Queensland Government’s guideline, Making and amending local planning instruments.
View the list of proposed amendments:
View the proposed amendment documents:
Part 3 Strategic framework
Part 5 Tables of assessment
Part 6 Zones
Part 7 Neighbourhood plans
- Fortitude Valley neighbourhood plan code (Word - 2.2Mb)
- Newstead and Teneriffe waterfront neighbourhood plan code (Word - 2.6Mb).
Part 8 Overlays
- Regional infrastructure corridors and substations overlay code (Word - 53kb)
- Significant landscape tree overlay code (Word - 220kb)
- Transport air quality corridor overlay code (Word - 76kb)
- Waterway corridors overlay code (Word - 115kb).
Part 9 Development codes
- Centre or mixed-use code (Word - 1.6Mb)
- Dual occupancy code (Word - 398kb)
- Industry code (Word - 396kb)
- Multiple dwelling code (Word - 2.3Mb)
- Subdivision code (Word - 206kb).
Schedule 1 Definitions
Schedule 6 Planning scheme policies
- Air quality planning scheme policy (Word - 99kb)
- Structure planning planning scheme policy (Word - 310kb)
- Transport, access, parking and servicing planning scheme policy (Word - 809kb)
- Transport air quality corridor planning scheme policy (Word - 722kb)
- Vegetation planning scheme policy (Word - 54kb).
The proposed amendments include changes to the following maps:
- Citywide amendments – Zoning maps.
- Citywide amendments – Dwelling house character overlay maps
- Citywide amendments – Regional infrastructure corridors and substations overlay maps
- Citywide amendments – Significant landscape tree overlay maps
- Citywide amendments – Traditional building character overlay maps
- Citywide amendments – Transport air quality corridor overlay maps
- Citywide amendments – Waterway corridors overlay maps.
To view the PDF's, you can choose a tile on the map below.
The PDF documents included in the below map are of a technical nature and as such are not accessible to website assistive technologies. For assistance accessing and interpreting these maps, contact Council on 07 3403 8888.
|28 February 2017||Council proposed to amend City Plan|
|March 2017-August 2018||Drafting of the amendment package|
|August 2018-January 2019||Queensland Government review|
|5 March 2019-12 April 2019||Public consultation including an opportunity to have your say on the draft amendment package|
|Mid-late 2019||Final Queensland Government review|
|Late-2019||Queensland Government approval to adopt and Council adoption and gazettal|
Other City Plan amendments
You may be interested to give your feedback on other proposed amendments to City Plan now open for consultation.
Register for updates
Register for regular updates about City Plan and planning in Brisbane.
For more information about the proposed major amendment to City Plan, you can:
- email the project team
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- write to:
City Planning & Economic Development
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane QLD 4001.