Citywide update - amendment package A
Brisbane City Council is delivering on a strong plan to ensure our city has the services and infrastructure to meet the needs of future generations and continues to be a great place to live, work and relax.
As part of Council’s commitment to ensure that Brisbane City Plan 2014 (City Plan) remains effective and up-to-date, Council adopted a package of amendments to some of its citywide provisions on Tuesday 28 November 2017.
Highlights of the amendment package
The amendments were made to:
- improve the management of the interface between sensitive and industrial uses
- increase provisions for addressing local circumstances of topography and flood immunity in relation to the height of dwelling houses
- improve refuse collection, traditional building character, heritage and pre-1911 provisions
- refine the operation of biodiversity areas overlay provisions and align with the Queensland Government’s Environmental Offsets Act 2014
- strengthen measures to ensure existing infrastructure (e.g. the Story Bridge) is protected from encroachment by development to ensure it can be maintained
- improve the rooming accommodation, reconfiguring a lot, prescribed accepted development and neighbourhood plan provisions
- update zoning maps and overlays including the Dwelling house character overlay, Heritage overlay, Pre-1911 building overlay and Traditional building character overlay.
For an overview of the changes, you can download the:
- Citywide Update - Amendment Package A factsheet (PDF - 1.2Mb)
- Citywide Update - Amendment Package A factsheet (Word - 98kb).
The proposed amendment package was open for community feedback between 17 October and 25 November 2016. Council held three public consultation events and received a total of 47 properly made submissions.
|1 September 2015 (completed)||Council proposed to amend the City Plan|
|September 2015 - May 2016 (completed)||Drafting of amendment package|
|June - September 2016 (completed)||Queensland Government review|
|17 October - 25 November 2016 (completed)||
Public consultation of the draft amendment package.
Council preparation of the report on submissions and revised amendments.
Download the report on submissions (Word - 276kb).
|Early- mid 2017 (completed)||Queensland Government review|
|Mid-late 2017 (completed)||
Queensland Government approval to adopt.
Council adoption and gazettal.
The amendments have been adopted into Brisbane City Plan 2014.
View a list of amendments adopted by Council.
Register for updates
Register for future updates on City Plan 2014.
For more information about the amendment to City Plan 2014, you can:
- email the project team
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- write to:
City Planning & Economic Development
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.