Citywide update - amendment package A
Brisbane City Council is delivering on a strong plan to ensure our city has the services and infrastructure to meet the needs of future generations, and continues to be a great place to live, work and relax.
As part of Council’s commitment to ensure that Brisbane City Plan 2014 (City Plan) remains effective and up-to-date, Council adopted a package of amendments to some of its citywide provisions on Tuesday 28 November 2017.
This amendment package followed the major amendment statutory process outlined in the Queensland Government guideline, Making and amending local planning instruments.
Highlights of the amendment package
The amendments are intended to:
- improve the management of the interface between sensitive and industrial uses
- increase provisions for addressing local circumstances of topography and flood immunity in relation to the height of dwelling houses
- improve refuse collection, traditional building character, heritage and pre-1911 provisions
- refine the operation of the Biodiversity areas overlay provisions and align with the Queensland Government’s Environmental Offsets Act 2014
- strengthen measures to ensure existing infrastructure (e.g. the Story Bridge) is protected from encroachment by development to ensure it can be maintained
- improve the Rooming accommodation, Reconfiguring a lot, prescribed accepted development and Neighbourhood Plan provisions
- update zoning maps and overlays including the Dwelling house character overlay, Heritage overlay, Pre-1911 building overlay and Traditional building character overlay.
For an overview of the changes, you can download the:
- Citywide Update - Amendment Package A factsheet (PDF - 1.23Mb)
- Citywide Update - Amendment Package A factsheet (Word - 98kb).
The proposed amendment package was open for community feedback between 17 October and 25 November 2016. Council held three public consultation events and received a total of 47 properly made submissions.
|1 September 2015 (completed)||Council proposed to amend the City Plan|
|September 2015 - May 2016 (completed)||Drafting of amendment package|
|June - September 2016 (completed)||Queensland Government review|
|17 October - 25 November 2016 (completed)||
Public consultation of the draft amendment package.
Council preparation of the report on submissions and revised amendments.
|Early- mid 2017 (completed)||Queensland Government review|
|Mid-late 2017 (completed)||
Queensland Government approval to adopt and Council adoption and gazettal.
The amendments have been adopted into Brisbane City Plan 2014.
View a list of amendments adopted by Council.
Register for updates
Register for future updates on City Plan 2014.
For more information about the amendment to City Plan 2014, you can:
- email the project team
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- write to:
City Planning & Economic Development
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.