Current Brisbane City Plan 2014 document
The current Brisbane City Plan 2014 is available to download in a series of word documents which are accessible to website assistive technologies. However, the entire plan is best viewed using the ePlan, which is easily navigated and has a search function.
Brisbane City Plan 2014 maps are provided in downloadable PDF format and are inaccessible to website assistive technologies. If you require assistance accessing or interpreting any of these maps, phone Council on 07 3403 8888. These documents may also be large in size and take some time to download.
Brisbane City Plan 2014 is regularly updated with new or amended information. The Table of Amendments (Appendix 2) lists essential detail. Further detail can be found on the finalised amendments page.
Current Amendment v11.00/2018 came into effect on Friday 14 September 2018. The parts of the Brisbane City Plan 2014 that have been recently amended are indicated by (updated) notation. Details of the amendments can be found in the Table of Amendment document on the v11.00/2018 page.
Changes to Brisbane City Plan 2014 as a result of the Ferny Grove-Upper Kedron Neighbourhood Plan amendment (v12.00/2018) are effective from 21 September 2018.
You can access this amendment via the neighbourhood plan page until the next scheduled City Plan update.
Citation and commencement
Part 1 - About the planning scheme
- Part 1 - About the planning scheme (Word - 131kb) updated v11.00/2018
Part 2 - State Planning provisions
Part 3 - Strategic framework
- Part 3.1 - Strategic framework (Word - 89kb)
- Part 3.2 - Strategic intent (Word - 248kb)
- Part 3.3 - Theme 1 (Word - 107kb)
- Part 3.4 - Theme 2 (Word - 77kb)
- Part 3.5 - Theme 3 (Word - 68kb)
- Part 3.6 - Theme 4 (Word - 80kb)
- Part 3.7 - Theme 5 (Word - 511kb) updated v11.00/2018
Part 4 - Local government infrastructure plan
- Part 4 - Local government infrastructure plan (Word - 53kb)
- Part 4.1 - Preliminary (Word - 52kb)
- Part 4.2 - Planning assumptions (Word - 63kb)
- Part 4.3 - Priority infrastructure area (Word - 50kb)
- Part 4.4 - Desired standards of service (Word - 98kb)
- Part 4.5 - Plans for trunk infrastructure (Word - 59kb)
Part 5 - Tables of assessment
- Part 5 - Tables of assessment updated v11.00/2018
Part 6 - Zones
- Part 6 - Zones updated v11.00/2018
Part 7 - Neighbourhood plans
- Part 7 - Neighbourhood plans updated v11.00/2018
Part 8 - Overlays
- Part 8 - Overlay codes updated v11.00/2018
Part 9 - Development codes
Part 10 - Other plans
- Schedule 2 - Mapping (Word - 71kb) updated v11.00/2018
- Schedule 3.1 - Planning assumptions (Word - 53kb)
- Schedule 3.2 - Schedule of Works (Word - 44kb)
- Schedule 3.3 - Local government infrastructure plan mapping (Word - 47kb)
- Table APT2 Ferry terminals network - (Excel - 23kb)
- Table PCF2 Parks and land for community facilities network (Excel - 46kb)
- Table APT1 Pathway network (Excel - 83kb) -
- Table PCF1 Public parks and land for community facilities network (Excel - 20kb)
- Table R1 Road network (Excel - 936kb)
- Table SW1 Stormwater network (Excel - 32kb)
- Schedule 6 - Planning scheme policies updated v11.00/2018
Appendix 2 - Table of amendments
- Appendix 2 - Table of amendments (Word - 48kb) updated v11.00/2018
Brisbane City Plan 2014 mapping
Brisbane City Plan 2014 mapping is available in downloadable PDF format. To make it easier to view these maps, Council has also produced an interactive mapping tool for zones, overlays, neighbourhood plan maps and local government infrastructure plan maps.
Current version of City Plan 2014 available on ePlan
The ePlan is the current electronic version of Brisbane City Plan 2014. Once you have your property report from our interactive mapping web page, you can read more about development requirements in Council's ePlan.