The design team led by Bureau Proberts has re-imagined Central Station as a grand city gateway and as a place to commute, connect and be proud of.
The design inspiration for Central Station came from original 1902 blueprints to create a new lower level connecting through to Anzac Square. This shift in thinking enables the creation of two generous level entries for commuters that will offer a vibrant, active and naturally-lit station environment befitting a new world city. A truly world class arrival experience and civic space.
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free. These files may also have a large file size and could take some time to download.
Community engagement with this idea
- views of this page - 1077
- social media views - 28,772
- facebook likes - 205
- support for much needed upgrade/revamp of Central Station
- support for providing better access and connectivity
- design needs to be sympathetic in design to the original heritage building and the War Memorial/Anzac Square and provide improved access to this space
- some said money was better spent on other projects/services which they felt were more in need
- confusion as to whether this was simply an idea or an approved project
Photos and ideas
To view comments and images from the Ideas Fiesta, visit the City Centre Master Plan social hub.