AECOM’s design team has developed a dynamic concept for a link connecting Woolloongabba and the CBD called the Woolloongabba 'Bolt'.
The concept is based on a 'bolt' as both a noun meaning a jagged white flash of lightning reminiscent of sub-tropical storms, people, light and energy, and also a verb for moving or running quickly as in a direct link, which is dynamic, fast, active and exciting.
AECOM's design team proposes the incorporation of an improved, legible and safe cycle and pedestrian network including new pedestrian bridge, tree-top walk between the City Botanic Gardens and Kangaroo Point Cliffs and innovative lighting to stimulate night time use.
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free. These files may also have a large file size and could take some time to download.
Community engagement with this idea
- views of this page - 889
- social media views - 38,185
- facebook likes - 352
- mixed reactions about the need for a river crossing in this area given close proximity to Goodwill Bridge
- suggestions that money could be better spent elsewhere
- support for improved accessibility and connectivity and encouraging people to walk and cycle
- concerns it would negatively impact view of Kangaroo Point cliffs
Photos and ideas
To view comments and images from the Ideas Fiesta, visit the City Centre Master Plan social hub.