Banyo-Northgate Neighbourhood Plan
Brisbane City Council is preparing a new neighbourhood plan for the Banyo-Northgate area, which also includes parts of Nudgee, Nundah, Virginia and Hendra.
The project is part of Council’s vision for a well-planned, liveable and efficiently serviced city and is an opportunity for Council and the community to work together to shape the future of the Banyo-Northgate area.
The Banyo-Northgate neighbourhood plan draft strategy
In October, Council released the draft strategy to make sure it is heading in the right direction.
The draft strategy incorporates background reports and community input received from consultation. It includes proposed land use directions, identifies future projects and actions that could help guide new development and investment.
The strategy, along with community responses, are now being considered as Council prepares the draft neighbourhood plan.
When preparing the neighbourhood plan, Council worked with the community to:
- balance the future growth of housing and businesses
- promote business, industry growth and jobs
- consider housing choices for local residents at all stages of life
- protect the local environment and character housing
- reinforce road, public and active transport links, such as footpaths and bikeways, to keep the area accessible and well connected.
- Banyo-Northgate Neighbourhood Plan draft strategy (PDF - 29Mb)
- Banyo-Northgate Neighbourhood Plan draft strategy (Word - 1.7Mb).
Banyo-Northgate Neighbourhood Plan area
View the Banyo-Northgate Neighbourhood Plan area in a larger map.
The Banyo-Northgate study area is bounded by:
- Nundah Creek and the Virginia Golf Club to the north
- the East-West Arterial Road to the south
- Southern Cross Way and the Gateway Motorway to the east
- Sandgate Road and the Toombul-Nundah Neighbourhood Plan to the west.
You can also download the Banyo-Northgate Neighbourhood Plan study area (PDF - 438kb).
Council is now considering community feedback on the strategy in preparing the draft neighbourhood plan, which will be publicly notified for community submissions. This will include details of all proposed changes such as changes to zones, overlays or planned infrastructure, and include accompanying technical maps.
Council will respond to all submissions, make any adjustments to the draft plan, and then seek Queensland Government approval to adopt.
|From late 2016||
Background research: Council undertook research and community consultation to understand the key issues and opportunities affecting the area’s future.
Draft neighbourhood plan strategy released: Council has developed a draft strategy to set the direction for the neighbourhood plan and encourage community feedback.
|Early-mid 2018||Draft neighbourhood plan statutory City Plan amendment release: Following community feedback on the draft strategy, Council will proceed to prepare the draft neighbourhood plan. There will be a Queensland Government review of the draft plan before it is publicly notified for community submissions.|
|Mid-late 2018||Adoption and gazettal of the neighbourhood plan statutory City Plan amendment.|
Register for updates
If you would like to sign up for email updates for the Banyo-Northgate Neighbourhood Plan, you can register for updates.
For more information about the Banyo-Northgate Neighbourhood Plan, you can: