Local projects finalised in 2018
Neighbourhood plans and other local planning projects help manage change and growth at a local level. The following neighbourhood plans were finalised by Brisbane City Council in 2018.
City West Neighbourhood Plan
On Tuesday 5 December 2017, Brisbane City Council adopted the City West Neighbourhood Plan amendment to Brisbane City Plan 2014 to incorporate provisions of the City West Neighbourhood Plan. The City West Neighbourhood Plan became effective in Brisbane City Plan 2014 on Friday 16 February 2018.
The City West Neighbourhood Plan seeks to be simple and streamlined. It is intended to:
- ensure that new development will be focused in discrete areas to allow targeted renewal while ensuring that heritage and character housing remain intact
- ensure redevelopment of the Victoria Barracks is sensitive to the site's heritage and promotes public access
- enable a greater mix of uses along Caxton Street and Petrie Terrace
- reinforce the protection of large areas of character housing and heritage buildings
- facilitate improved streetscapes and new public realm near new development.
- Draft City West Neighbourhood Plan - Report on Submissions (Word - 184kb)
- Public notice (PDF - 197kb)