Inclusive Brisbane Professional Advice Alliance
Brisbane City Council supports community, social enterprise and not-for-profit organisations by providing access to free professional advice to assist with their growth and sustainability.
Council established the Inclusive Brisbane Professional Advice Alliance (the Alliance) in 2013 to provide pro bono high-level advice on organisational sustainability, development and infrastructure issues that may be relevant to these organisations.
Who is involved
The Alliance is made up of experienced industry professionals from a range of disciplines, including:
- Marketing and communications
- Social sector
- Town planning
The Alliance matches organisations with appropriate professionals to provide the best possible preliminary advice.
The Alliance can provide free expert advice to community, social enterprise and not-for-profit organisations on the following matters:
- business planning and strategy
- organisational governance
- legal and insurance
- development opportunities, legislation and the application process
- issues of sustainability including declining membership and governance
- identifying opportunities for collaboration
- current issues and trends for not-for-profits in the planning, building and development industry.
Please note advice provided by the Alliance is preliminary advice and should be taken as guidance only.
Who is eligible
Any community or not-for-profit organisation or social enterprise in the Brisbane Local Government Area can apply to the Alliance, regardless of how long you have been operating. Examples of eligible groups include sporting clubs, cultural groups and creative and social service providers.
More information and appointments
To find out more about the Inclusive Brisbane Professional Advice Alliance or to book an appointment, phone Council on 3403 8888 or email: email@example.com
The Alliance provides high-level preliminary guidance or advice on the particular issues outlined above. This advice is not intended to be a substitute for more in-depth professional advice that may be required by your organisation in relation to its own specific issues and should not be relied on as such. While the advice is given in good faith, it in no way binds a decision by Brisbane City Council. The records of the advice given by the Alliance are Council documents, and will be subject to the provisions of the Right to Information Act.
Find information about:
- Brisbane Access and Inclusion Plan 2012-2017 - Council's commitment to achieving equitable access and inclusion for everyone.
- Community leasing - Council makes a range of its properties available for not-for-profit community organisations to rent through lease or licence agreements.
- Council grants and awards - includes funding to help local not-for-profit community groups to develop and improve facilities and services in Brisbane.
- Inclusive Brisbane Board - an advisory board addressing community issues associated with development and planning, including land use, affordability, community facilities, economic viability, safety, the arts and community cohesiveness of Brisbane.