Inclusive Brisbane Board
The Inclusive Brisbane Board is an advisory board addressing community issues. Issues include development and planning (including land use), affordability, community facilities, economic viability, safety, the arts and community cohesiveness.
The role of the Inclusive Brisbane Board is to:
- advise on community issues related to the future development of Brisbane
- identify emerging social inclusion issues
- advise on issues affecting the not-for-profit sector in Brisbane
- share information, generate ideas, identify research needs and partnership opportunities to address issues.
Inclusive Brisbane Board members include:
- Mr Greg Goebel - Chairman, Inclusive Brisbane Board
- Councillor Peter Matic - Chairman, Lifestyle and Community Services, Councillor for Paddington Ward
- Councillor Vicki Howard - Councillor for Central Ward
- Ms Andrea Kenafake - Divisional Manager, City Planning and Sustainability, Brisbane City Council
- Divisional Manager, Lifestyle and Community Services, Brisbane City Council (proxy Ms Nina Sprake - Manager, Inclusive Communities, Brisbane City Council)
- Mr Wayne Briscoe - Executive Director, Multicultural Affairs Queensland and Engagement, Department of Local Government, Racing and Multicultural Affairs
- Ms Maree Adshead - Chief Executive Officer, Open Data Institute Queensland
- Ms Kerrin Benson - Chief Executive Officer, Multicultural Development Association Ltd
- Mr Peter Black - Senior Lecturer, Law School, QUT
- Professor Laurie Buys - Professor School of Design, Creative Industries Faculty, QUT
- Ms Karen Dare - Chief Executive Officer, Community Queensland
- Mr Jelenko Dragisic - Principal and Founder Roadmender, and Director of Collaboration and Strategy, Mind Hive
- Ms Sonya Keep - Chief Executive Officer, Common Ground Queensland
- Mr John Mayo - Chief Advisor - Government, Spinal Life Australia
- Mr Matthew Miller - Senior Development Manager, Commercial, Urban Regeneration, Lend Lease
- Mr Thomas Rice - Director, Chair of Audit Committee, Act for Kids
- Mr Lincoln Savage - Director, Brisbane Street Art Festival.
Inclusive Brisbane Professional Advice Alliance
In 2013, Council established the Inclusive Brisbane Professional Advice Alliance. This group provides pro bono high-level advice on issues that may be relevant to not-for-profit groups and social enterprises including:
- organisational sustainability.
LGBTIQ+ community forum
In 2016, 2017 and 2018, the Inclusive Brisbane Board hosted a forum for the LGBTIQ+ community. These forums provided representatives from community organisations an opportunity to meet members of the Inclusive Brisbane Board. Representatives could also share priority issues for the Board to consider.
Find information about:
- A City for Everyone: Draft Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029 - Council's commitment to achieving equitable access and inclusion for everyone
- Council's Seniors' Strategy 2012-2017 - recognises important contributions by seniors and focuses on what Council can do to support seniors' participation in the community
- Council's Youth Strategy 2014-2019 - Council's commitment to working with young people, the community and other levels of government to ensure we engage, empower, include and celebrate young people in Brisbane
- Council grants and awards - includes funding to help local not-for-profit community groups to develop and improve facilities and services in Brisbane.