Inclusive Brisbane Board
The Inclusive Brisbane Board is an advisory board addressing community issues associated with development and planning, including land use, affordability, community facilities, economic viability, safety, the arts and community cohesiveness of Brisbane.
The role of the Inclusive Brisbane Board is to:
- advise on community issues related to the future development of Brisbane
- identify emerging social inclusion issues
- advise on issues affecting the not-for-profit sector in Brisbane
- share information, generate ideas, identify research needs and partnership opportunities to address issues.
The Inclusive Brisbane Board membership is as follows:
- Mr Greg Goebel - Chairman, Inclusive Brisbane Board
- Councillor Peter Matic - Chairman, Lifestyle and Community Services, Councillor for Paddington Ward
- Councillor Vicki Howard - Councillor for Central Ward
- Ms Andrea Kenafake - Divisional Manager, City Planning and Sustainability, Brisbane City Council
- Divisional Manager, Lifestyle and Community Services, Brisbane City Council (proxy Ms Nina Sprake - Manager, Inclusive Communities, Brisbane City Council)
- Mr Wayne Briscoe - Executive Director, Multicultural Affairs Queensland & Engagement, Department of Local Government, Racing and Multicultural Affairs
- Ms Maree Adshead - Chief Executive Officer, Open Data Institute Queensland
- Ms Kerrin Benson - Chief Executive Officer, Multicultural Development Association Ltd
- Mr Peter Black - Senior Lecturer, Law School, QUT
- Professor Laurie Buys - Professor School of Design, Creative Industries Faculty, QUT
- Ms Karen Dare - Chief Executive Officer, Communify Queensland
- Mr Jelenko Dragisic - Principal and Founder Roadmender, and Director of Collaboration and Strategy, Mind Hive
- Ms Sonya Keep - Chief Executive Officer, Common Ground Queensland
- Mr John Mayo - Chief Advisor - Government, Spinal Life Australia
- Mr Matthew Miller - Senior Development Manager, Commercial, Urban Regeneration, Lend Lease
- Mr Thomas Rice - Director, Chair of Audit Committee, Act for Kids
- Mr Lincoln Savage - Director, Brisbane Street Art Festival
Inclusive Brisbane Professional Advice Alliance
In 2013, Council established the Inclusive Brisbane Professional Advice Alliance to provide pro bono high-level advice on development, infrastructure and organisational sustainability issues that may be relevant to not-for-profit groups and social enterprises.
LGBTIQ+ community forum
In 2016, 2017 and 2018, the Inclusive Brisbane Board hosted a forum for the LGBTIQ+ community to provide an opportunity for representatives from community organisations to meet members of the Inclusive Brisbane Board and to share priority issues for the Board to consider.
Find information about:
- A City for Everyone: Draft Inclusive Brisbane Plan 2019-2029: Council's commitment to achieving equitable access and inclusion for everyone
- Council's Seniors' Strategy 2012-2017: Recognises important contributions by seniors and focuses on what Council can do to support seniors' participation in the community.
- Council's Youth Strategy 2014-2019: Delivering a youth-friendly city - Council's commitment to working with young people, the community and other levels of government to ensure young people in Brisbane are engaged, empowered, included and celebrated.
- Council grants and awards: Includes funding to help local not-for-profit community groups to develop and improve facilities and services in Brisbane.