Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan
Brisbane City Council is preparing a Neighbourhood Plan for the Dutton Park-Fairfield area, which includes parts of South Brisbane, Woolloongabba, Dutton Park, Highgate Hill, Fairfield, Annerley and Yeronga.
The Dutton Park-Fairfield area plays a vital role in our city as a key health, science and knowledge hub, transport corridor and residential area.
Draft neighbourhood plan
Council has been working with the local community, including residents, businesses and community groups, to develop a draft neighbourhood plan strategy that includes proposals to help guide the development of a neighbourhood plan.
The draft neighbourhood plan strategy seeks to:
- support and promote the area's competitive advantage and role as an economic and employment area of city-wide and regional significance through intensification and diversification of health services and scientific research
- identify character housing areas that should be retained and protected by appropriate zones
- provide opportunities for business support and retail services to meet current and future needs of the area
- progressively improve accessibility to major transport infrastructure networks and public transport, and improve the public realm and streetscape.
Download the draft Dutton Park-Fairfield neighbourhood plan strategy:
- draft Dutton Park-Fairfield neighbourhood plan strategy part 1 (PDF - 4.1Mb)
- draft Dutton Park-Fairfield neighbourhood plan strategy part 2 (PDF - 4.2Mb)
- draft Dutton Park-Fairfield neighbourhood plan strategy part 3 (PDF - 1.4Mb)
- draft Dutton Park-Fairfield neighbourhood plan strategy (Word - 5Mb)
Please note that Heffernan Park (260 Annerley Road) is retained as a Council park. A previous version of the strategy included the site as Proposed character residential.
Neighbourhood planning involves Council and the community working together. There will be a number of opportunities to have your say during the plan’s development.
Consultation on the draft Dutton Park-Fairfield neighbourhood plan strategy concluded on Friday 11 December 2015. Council will now review the submissions received and use this feedback to inform the development of the draft Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan.
The draft statutory plan will then be submitted to the Queensland Government for review. Following this, the community will have the opportunity to submit feedback.
Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Planning study area
View Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Planning study area in a larger map.
You can also download the:
Neighbourhood plan steps
The Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan project has completed consultation on the draft strategy and is now preparing the draft neighbourhood plan. To date there has been a number of face-to-face and on-line opportunities for community members to have their say, please view the links below for details about community feedback.
The draft strategy, together with feedback from the community, will inform the development of the draft Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan. There will also be an opportunity for you to make a formal submission on the draft plan during the public notification period, expected in mid-2016. The Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan will regulate development in the area once it has been adopted into Brisbane's planning scheme, Brisbane City Plan 2014.
|Early 2015||Background research|
|Early to mid-2015||Community consultation|
|Mid- to late 2015||Strategy preparation|
|30 October to 11 December 2015||Strategy release|
|Late 2015 to early 2016 (current stage)||Draft neighbourhood plan preparation|
|Mid-2016||Queensland Government review of the draft neighbourhood plan|
|Mid-2016||Draft neighbourhood plan release and public notification|
|Late 2016||Queensland Government approval to adopt|
|Late 2016||Council adoption and gazettal of the neighbourhood plan|
Community Planning Teams
Council established Community Planning Teams (CPTs) to provide local knowledge and input into the strategy. This includes a CPT for the northern part of the plan area (the Mater Hill CPT), a CPT for the central and southern parts of the plan area (the Fairfield CPT), and a business CPT for the whole plan area. Council received a positive response to the call for CPT nominations and held meetings from April to July 2015.
Fairfield CPT meeting notes
- Fairfield CPT meeting notes 29 April 2015 (Word - 1.5Mb)
- Fairfield CPT meeting notes 27 May 2015 (Word - 930kb)
- Fairfield CPT meeting notes 25 June 2015 (Word - 1Mb)
- Fairfield CPT meeting notes 29 July 2015 (Word - 1Mb)
Mater Hill CPT meeting notes
- Mater Hill CPT meeting notes 22 April 2015 (Word - 905kb)
- Mater Hill CPT meeting notes 20 May 2015 (Word - 5.6Mb)
- Mater Hill CPT meeting notes 17 June 2015 (Word - 1Mb)
- Mater Hill CPT meeting notes 22 July 2015 (Word - 1Mb)
Business CPT meeting notes
- Business CPT meeting notes 23 April 2015 (Word - 608kb)
- Business CPT meeting notes 30 July 2015 (Word - 550kb)
You can download the current newsletter:
- Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan October 2015 newsletter (PDF - 3.7Mb)
- Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan October 2015 newsletter (Word - 1.7Mb)
- Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan March 2015 newsletter (PDF - 1.42Mb)
- Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan March 2015 newsletter (Word - 5897kb)
Register for updates
To register for future updates on the Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan you can email the project team.
If you need this information interpreted or would like details about the Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan, please phone the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50 and ask them to connect to Brisbane City Council’s Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888.
如需關於Dutton Park-Fairfield 社區規劃的中文信息，可撥打13 14 50致電筆譯與口譯服務處，並要求撥打（07）3403 8888 致電布里斯本市政府。
Nếu quý vị cần thêm bất kỳ thông tin gì về Đồ Án Khu Dân Cư Dutton Park-Fairfield bằng tiếng Việt, xin vui lòng gọi điện cho Dịch Vụ Thông Phiên Dịch theo số 13 14 50 và yêu cầu được nối máy với Hội Đồng Thành Phố theo số (07) 3403 8888.
For more information about the Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan you can:
- email the project team
- contact Council
- write to:
Neighbourhood Planning (Dutton Park-Fairfield)
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001