Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan
Brisbane City Council has prepared a draft neighbourhood plan for the Dutton Park-Fairfield area, which includes parts of South Brisbane, Woolloongabba, Dutton Park, Highgate Hill, Fairfield, Annerley and Yeronga.
The Dutton Park-Fairfield area plays a vital role in our city as a key health, science and knowledge hub, transport corridor and residential area.
Draft neighbourhood plan
Council has been working with the local community, including residents, businesses and community groups, to develop the draft neighbourhood plan, which seeks to:
- support and promote the area's competitive advantage and role as an economic and employment area of city-wide and regional significance through intensification and diversification of health services and scientific research
- identify character housing areas that should be retained and protected by appropriate zones
- provide opportunities for business support and retail services to meet current and future needs of the area
- progressively improve accessibility to major transport infrastructure networks and public transport, and improve the public realm and streetscape.
Download the draft Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan:
Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Planning study area
View Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Planning study area in a larger map.
You can also download the:
The draft neighbourhood plan is based on the draft neighbourhood plan strategy, which was released for community comment in October 2015.
Council has now reviewed community feedback on the draft strategy including more than 100 submissions, 209 online survey responses, as well as comments from more than 160 people who attended information kiosks or the three ‘Talk to a Planner’ sessions following the release of the strategy.
As a result of community feedback, character protections will be strengthened in many parts of the area while creating greater certainty and supporting two to three storey development in specific places where the character streetscape has already changed.
Council has also provided opportunities for the expansion of health, research and education facilities near major public transport stations and for supporting business and retail services. In addition, the draft neighbourhood plan provides guidance for new development near residential areas.
You can download the:
Council forwarded the draft plan to the Queensland Government for a state interest review in June 2016. It is anticipated that public consultation will now occur in early 2017.
Council will review all submissions received, prior to making any further amendments to the draft plan, and again forward the plan for Queensland Government approval to adopt. Council will then be able to formally adopt the Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan into Brisbane's planning scheme, Brisbane City Plan 2014 to regulate development in the area.
|30 October to 11 December 2015||
|Late 2015 - early 2016||Draft neighbourhood plan preparation|
|Mid-late 2016||Queensland Government review of the draft neighbourhood plan|
|Early 2017||Draft neighbourhood plan release and public notification|
|Mid 2017||Queensland Government approval to adopt|
|Late 2017||Council adoption and gazettal of the neighbourhood plan|
Community Planning Teams
Council established Community Planning Teams (CPTs) to provide local knowledge and input into the strategy. This included a CPT for the northern part of the plan area (the Mater Hill CPT), a CPT for the central and southern parts of the plan area (the Fairfield CPT), and a business CPT for the whole plan area. Council received a positive response to the call for CPT nominations and held meetings from April to July 2015.
Fairfield CPT meeting notes
- Fairfield CPT meeting notes 29 April 2015 (Word - 1.5Mb)
- Fairfield CPT meeting notes 27 May 2015 (Word - 930kb)
- Fairfield CPT meeting notes 25 June 2015 (Word - 1Mb)
- Fairfield CPT meeting notes 29 July 2015 (Word - 1Mb).
Mater Hill CPT meeting notes
- Mater Hill CPT meeting notes 22 April 2015 (Word - 905kb)
- Mater Hill CPT meeting notes 20 May 2015 (Word - 5.6Mb)
- Mater Hill CPT meeting notes 17 June 2015 (Word - 1Mb)
- Mater Hill CPT meeting notes 22 July 2015 (Word - 1Mb).
Business CPT meeting notes
- Business CPT meeting notes 23 April 2015 (Word - 608kb)
- Business CPT meeting notes 30 July 2015 (Word - 550kb).
Register for updates
To register for future updates on the Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan you can email the project team.
For more information about the Dutton Park-Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan you can: