Brisbane Industrial Strategy
Brisbane City Council has a strong plan to enhance our city’s vibrant lifestyle and meet the needs of future generations. One of the ways we do this is by developing strategies designed to ensure our city is well placed to support job growth into the future, while also protecting our unique environment and way of life.
In October 2017 Council released the draft Brisbane Industrial Strategy for comment. The draft strategy was was developed in response to strong demand for Brisbane’s limited supply of industrial land from both industrial and non-industrial uses. Following an engagement process, the Brisbane Industrial Strategy will inform Brisbane’s planning scheme to guide future development and infrastructure.
Highlights of the draft Brisbane Industrial Strategy include:
- protection of existing industrial land from encroachment of inappropriate uses
- encouraging a sensible mix of employment-generating industrial and non-industrial uses to enhance the function of industrial areas
- improving infrastructure and services to industrial precincts
- fostering industrial areas that are safe for workers and considerate of surrounding uses
- more worker-friendly industrial precincts through an appropriate mix of shops, cafés and other services.
The draft strategy will now be reviewed following submissions to inform the preparation of the final Brisbane Industrial Strategy.
Register for updates
To keep up-to-date on the Brisbane Industrial Strategy, register for updates.
- email the project team
- phone Council on 3403 8888.