Wynnum SCIP renewal
The original Wynnum SCIP was constructed in 2000 through a partnership between Council and local property owners.
Council has invested $500,000 in improvements in Edith Street, Florence Street and Bay Terrace, Wynnum.
The renewal works included:
- a full upgrade to the bus stop in front of the IGA in Florence Street (DDA-compliant)
- new street furniture including bench seats, bicycle racks and drinking fountains
- upgrades to some sections of pavement
- new street trees suitable for Brisbane's subtropical environment
- tree pruning and replanting of selected garden beds
- re-painting existing pedestrian lights and bollards
- the new Sand castle competition artwork located at the corner of Florence Street and Bay Terrace
- restoration of current artworks in Edith Street and Bay Terrace.
If you would like further information on the Wynnum SCIP renewal, phone the Urban Design Section on 07 3403 8888.