Navigating the Supplier Portal
After registration is completed and approved, the Supplier Portal can be accessed by visiting the Supplier Portal login page and entering the login details provided in the registration emails. Two emails will be sent with login details: one containing the username (login ID) and the other containing the password.
During the initial login, you will be prompted to update your password twice. Please complete the same steps twice to update your password, as the initial password change will not take effect until you repeat.
Enter the username in the User field and the password in the Password field.
Use the Get Support link if you have trouble logging in.
The Supplier Portal requires Internet Explorer (IE8 or IE9 are recommended) and the latest Java patch to operate properly.
Additionally, complete the following steps:
- add the Supplier Portal URL to the list of trusted sites
- add the Supplier Portal URL to the list of sites that are not blocked by pop-up blockers
These security measures are required to participate in the RFx process.
View the the Registration and System Configuration how to guide for detailed steps to configure your computer.
Navigating the Supplier Portal menu tabs
After your computer is configured, you can perform various tasks using the Supplier Portal.
- Display/Edit Company Data: add or modify company details
- Invoice Status: view the status of your payments
- RFx and Auctions: view requests for tenders, quotations, proposals and information
The Refresh button must be used to update listed tenders and other data to the latest version. Refresh the system after login to show the most up to date information.
Selecting product categories for automated notifications
You can set up automated notification emails by selecting product categories relevant to the goods and services you would like to potentially supply to Council.
- Click the Display/Edit Company Data tab
- Click the Bidder Data tab to add or modify details
- Click the Edit button to modify product categories
- Search for the relevant product category by clicking the Start Search button
- Click the Add Lines button to select relevant categories from the product category hierarchy and add them to your list
- Click the Start Search button to view the Product Category hierarchy and click to select
When selecting relevant product categories, you are encouraged to select the most relevant category. Product categories are based upon the United Nations Standard Products and Services Code (UNSPSC®), a global taxonomy to classify goods and services in a uniform manner. Refer to the Supplier Notification of Tender (RFx) Opportunities how to guide for further detail on what each Product Category contains. You may select more than one category if applicable.
If you do not wish to receive automated notification emails for public RFx events, do not select or de-select categories. Automated notification emails will still be received if you are invited to participate in restricted RFx events.