Terms and conditions for user generated content
Brisbane City Council ("Council") reaches out to social media users to seek their permission to feature in Council’s communication. You are reading this because Council is seeking your permission to use your social media content in this way.
If you choose to allow us to use your (“Applicant”) social media content (“User Content”) by replying to Council with your consent, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- The content must have been created in the Brisbane Local Government Area.
- Council employees and elected officials are not eligible to participate.
- How to enter
- The Applicant must be able to produce, upon request, evidence of permission from any person who is in full recognisable direct focus in the image submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Content must be a maximum file size of 20MB.
- Only digital files will be accepted as part of the registration process. Printed material, CDs, DVDs and/or vinyl will not be accepted.
- By submitting user content to Brisbane City Council, the Applicant agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
- Copyright, moral rights and privacy consent
- The Applicant warrants that they are the owner(s) of all copyright of all materials provided (including but not limited to image, video and/or image) ("Materials") or have obtained all necessary approvals to permit the submission of these Materials to Council.
- The Applicant, as the owner(s) of these Materials grant Council the right to:
- maintain a copy of all submitted Materials for archival purposes;
- display Materials in public spaces;
- publish on Council's website and social media platforms; and
- use the Materials for promotional and publicity purposes relating to Brisbane City Council.
- By providing permission to Brisbane City Council the Applicant grants permission to Council and/or their agents or contractors to make such use as they may choose in their sole discretion of any Materials digital or otherwise recorded in any format, including the images of any child or individual appearing in the Materials for whom the Applicant has substituted decision making responsibility. Council may reproduce the Materials in any form for any purpose, in the future, in whole or in part. Distribution of the Materials may be by any medium including the social media, printed media, and other channels of communication. This consent is perpetual, nonexclusive transferrable and royalty free.
- While Council will take care to ensure the quality and integrity of the reproduced Materials, the Applicant acknowledges that enlargements and slight variations may result from adapting the original to required formats.
- General conditions
- Council may, at its own discretion, amend these Terms and Conditions if and when required and/or cancel the competition at any time without notice or further recourse to entrants. Any such amendments shall be effective upon being live on the terms and conditions. Entrants agree to be bound to any amendments in the Terms and Conditions so please ensure that you review these Terms and Conditions for any updates.
- The promoter of this competition is Brisbane City Council ABN 72 002 765 795 whose principal offices are at Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane.
Council reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time and to cancel or amend the conditions at any time without notice or further recourse to the Applicants.
Brisbane City Council ABN 72 002 765 795 acting through Organisational Services Branch whose principal offices are at Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane.