Pinnaroo Cemetery and Crematorium
The Pinnaroo Lawn Cemetery was established in 1962 at Bridgeman Downs on Brisbane's northside. Pinnaroo neighbours a scenic watercourse and its natural bushland houses many native animals. The grounds are a popular for walking, jogging and bird watching. Sweeping green lawns occupy 123 acres of natural beauty.
For funeral and memorial services scheduled at Council cemeteries and crematoria, view the funeral and memorial service calendar.
|Location||Graham Road, Bridgeman Downs|
|Postal address||285 Graham Road, Bridgeman Downs Qld 4035|
|Office opening hours||Monday to Friday: 8am to 4pm
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: closed
|Visiting hours||Monday to Sunday: 6am to 6pm (gates are unlocked and locked each day)|
|Contact||Contact Pinnaroo Cemetery and Crematorium by:
On this page, find information about:
- customer service centre
- burial options
- chapel services
- catering and reception facilities
- memorial gardens and walls for ashes
- returned service areas
- Garden of Remembrance
- locating graves and ashes memorial sites
- where to find more information
Council has constructed a customer service centre building. The centre provides an improved and easier customer service experience for those who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
The project included:
- a new sealed car park and hearse lay-by area
- new signage and bollards ensuring customers enter the cemetery driveway correctly
- new administration building, with reception and waiting areas, interview room, offices, kitchen area and staff bathroom facilities
- new entry/exit driveway off Graham Road
- new footpath between the existing tea room, new administration building and car park
- removing 25 trees
- planting 29 new trees and minor landscaping.
Pinnaroo Lawn Cemetery offers lawn beam burials featuring bronze, glass or steel plaques set on concrete or granite bases.
At Pinnaroo Lawn Cemetery:
- plaques for lawn beam burials must be ordered through Council
- monuments are not permitted
- each grave site can accommodate up to three burials and ashes can also be interred in the grave
- burial sites can be pre-purchased at today's prices or purchased as required
- funeral services can be held at the grave, in the cemetery chapel or at a private church or facility.
To view available burial options at Pinnaroo Lawn Cemetery, an appointment is necessary to ensure there is an officer available to assist. To request an appointment, contact the office via email.
Where the funeral service is held at a private church or facility, the funeral director will personally deliver the coffin directly to the crematorium. Most cremations take place right after the service when available, and the ashes are ready for collection or placement in a memorial site within two to three days.
Pinnaroo Lawn Cemetery and Crematorium has a memorial chapel, suitable for all types of funeral services.
The Pinnaroo Lawn Cemetery and Crematorium offers post-funeral catering and reception services.
Various garden settings and memorial wall options are available at Pinnaroo Lawn Cemetery and Crematorium including:
- native gardens
- granite gardens
- niche wall sites.
Alternatively, ashes can be interred into grave sites.
To view available memorial options at Pinnaroo Lawn Cemetery and Crematorium, an appointment is necessary to ensure there is an officer available to assist. To request an appointment, contact the office by email.
The cemetery offers designated areas for returned service personnel and their spouse, including lawn graves and walls for ashes.
The Queensland Garden of Remembrance is situated within the Pinnaroo Lawn Cemetery and is operated and maintained by the Office of Australian War Graves.
The original garden was opened in the early 1960's and was extended in 1988. The Garden of Remembrance has a capacity of 45,500 plaques.
For queries relating to the Garden of Remembrance, contact the Office of Australian War Graves by:
- phone on 1800 026 185
- visiting their office on site at Pinnaroo Lawn Cemetery (located in the middle of the cemetery and separate from the Pinnaroo Lawn Cemetery office)
Lawn graves and ashes memorial sites are relatively easy to locate as the allotment number is marked on the bottom right of most plaques and the numbers run in sequential order.
Not all graves have plaques or headstones, so this should be kept in mind when locating a specific grave by number.
For further assistance locating graves and memorial sites, visit during office hours.
Find more information about: