Davies Park improvement project - West End
Brisbane City Council has developed the final improvement plan for Davies Park, West End through consultation and feedback from the local community.
|Address||Davies Park, West End|
|Project outcomes||Revitalise Davies Park to improve recreation opportunities and publicly accessible areas|
Final Improvement Plan of the park improvement project for Davies Park, West End.
About the project
Davies Park is a much-loved, six-hectare green space in West End providing sport and recreation opportunities for the community for more than 100 years. The proposed park improvements are part of Council’s commitment to keeping Brisbane clean and green, and making our liveable city sustainable for future generations.
The project will deliver park improvements that:
- increase accessible green space
- accommodate existing community lease activities in the park
- promote a sense of community and celebrate its cultural heritage
- increase the recreational use of the park.
Council is working closely with Southern Suburbs Rugby League Football Club, who have had a presence in the park for more than 100 years. The club has agreed to reduce their leased area to improve outcomes for the community. The additional area will increase green space and provide room for new park features, for the club and community to enjoy.
The final improvement plan captures community feedback on key features requested for Davies Park and provides a blueprint for future upgrades.
Council has $2.1 million in funding this financial year for this project. Funding this year will commence delivery on key elements of the plan, with progressive delivery of other elements in future years based on citywide priorities for park improvements.
Council have engaged with the community and gathered feedback on the proposed design to ensure the park improvements align with community desires and values, and to appropriately prioritise the delivery of improvements.
Final Improvement Plan
Based on the comprehensive feedback Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that the final improvement plan has been developed (link to design). The new park features will include:
- partial removal and reshaping of existing mounds and new green spaces created
- new multi-use games area
- upgrading the park roadway, including drainage
- replacing sand area with gravel (future multi-use courts)
- new shade trees
- new toilet block with six cubicles
The Davies Park improvements will provide immediate enhancements, making this popular precinct more usable for residents and visitors to enjoy.
- The improvement plan for Davies Park was finalised in November 2018.
- Construction is expected to start April 2019, weather and site conditions permitting.
- Council is committed to keeping local residents informed of construction activities in their area and will provide advance notification prior to the start of construction.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please call the project’s information line on 1800 884 681 during business hours or email the City Projects team . For information outside of business hours please call Council’s 24-hour contact centre on (07) 3403 8888.