Jindalee Pool is located at 11 Yallambee Road, Jindalee and includes a children's splash pad, 18 metre indoor heated swimming pool and a 50 metre eight lane outdoor pool.
The pool offers swimming lessons, squad programs and stroke development classes. The splash pad is closed during winter.
With financial assistance from the Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs, Brisbane City Council has installed a number of mobility aids, to maximise access and participation in the activities available at Jindalee Pool.
Specialised equipment includes:
- an access ramp into the 50 metre outdoor pool
- a PVC wheelchair for use on the ramp.
- Aqua aerobics
- Heated pool
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Squad swimming
- Stroke development
- Swim fit
- Swimming lessons
- Water play
- Disabled access
- Monday: 5.30am-7.30pm
- Tuesday: 5.30am-7.30pm
- Wednesday: 5.30am-7.30pm
- Thursday: 5.30am-7.30pm
- Friday: 5.30am-7pm
- Saturday: 6am-6pm
- Sunday: 8am-6pm
Public Holidays: 9am-5pm
Closed Christmas Day and Good Friday
Indoor heated pool availability (From 22 September - 16 December 2018)
- Monday: 6.30-8.30am and 12-2.30pm
- Tuesday: 6.30-8.30am and 12-1.30pm
- Wednesday: 6.30-8.30am and 12-2.30pm
- Thursday: 6.30-8.30am and 12-2.30pm
- Friday: 6.30-8.30am
- Saturday: 12.30-5.30pm
- Sunday: 10am-4pm
- Public holidays: 10am-4pm
Entry fees (from Saturday 22 September 2018)
- Adult (15 years and over): $5.70
- Child (2-14 years): $4.10
- Child (under 2 years): free
- Concession: $4.70
- Spectator: $4
- Family pass (1 adult and 2 children): $12.10
- Extra adult: $5.10
- Extra child: $3.60
- Authorised companion card: free
- 10-pass child: $39
- 10-pass adult: $55
- 10-pass concession: $45
- 20-pass adult: $104
- 20-pass concession: $88
- 50-pass adult: $250
- 50-pass concession: $205
Contact Jindalee Pool for pass and membership information.
Conditions of entry apply. EFTPOS available, min $10.
Children 12 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a supervising person 18 years of age or older.
Concession means the holder of a Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink or a Gold Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs. All Council pools now honour the Queensland Government Companion Card, allowing free entry for anyone accompanying a person with disability who requires attendant care support.
For more information on pool/venue facilities, lane availability for lap swimming, activities, bookings and fees, contact the venue by phone, email email@example.com or visit the Jindalee Pool website.
Council endorses the Keep Watch public education program of the Royal Life Saving Society - Australia.
Keep watch @ public pools
When by the pool with your kids Keep watch @ public pools recommends:
- for 0-5 year olds and non-swimmers, a parent or guardian must be in the water at all times within arms' reach of the child/non-swimmer
- for 6-10 year olds, constant active supervision is required by a parent or guardian. Be prepared to get wet and enter the water with this age group
- for 11-14 year olds, parents or guardians must physically check on children on a regular basis.
An aquatic workout that uses all major muscle groups. Participants wear a buoyancy belt so there is no need to worry about being in deep...
Jindalee Pool, Jindalee