Managing your organisation
Regardless of your organisation's size, developing effective processes to manage your operations and resources will benefit your organisation and provide:
- a clear, shared sense of direction
- improved services to your current members
- increased confidence amongst your members and the wider community
- potential to attract new members and sponsors
- improved sustainability and future viability.
How Council can help
Brisbane City Council has a team of Sport and Recreation Officers who can provide advice about:
- organisational development
- sourcing funds and preparing applications
- committee skills development
- recruiting and retaining volunteers
- lease management
- connecting with other Council areas.
Phone Council on 07 3403 8888 to speak with a Sport and Recreation Officer.
Find information on Blue card requirements for people working in a paid or voluntary capacity, or to carry on a business, in a child-related area.
The Good Sports program is free and focuses on the creation of sustainable cultural change by enabling sports clubs to change their systems and practices around responsible serving of alcohol.