Resources for your organisation
Find more resources to help with grants, funding, sport and community organisation management and more.
Grants and funding
Organisations can access tools and resources to assist in grant writing, training for grant applicants and further information on the grants process at the Australian Institute of Grants Management.
These resources provide information on available grants and funding opportunities for sport and community organisations:
- Community grants - one Brisbane City Council's grants programs
- Gambling Community Benefit Fund - Queensland Government grant program
- Community Grants Hub - Australian Government grant hub
- Sports Community - lists state specific grants that are currently available
- Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing - Queensland Government grant programs
- Clearinghouse for Sport - grant program information and resources
- Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) Grants and Funding
- Queensland Government funding, grants and resources.
Council community lease or licence sites require landlord approval before completing any works at the site. You can apply for landlord approval by submitting an Application for Works on a Community Lease Site online form. The Community Facilities Operations Team consults with a number of Council areas regarding proposed works. Most applications take 20-30 business days from receipt of a complete application to assess and respond. Complex applications may take longer to assess. If you are applying for a grant to fund this work, you will need to submit your application well in advance of submitting a grant application to Council or other organisations.
Club health check
The Australian Sports Commission has designed an online assessment tool called the Club Health Check.
The Club Health Check aims to help sporting clubs examine how they are operating and identify areas of improvement. Council recommends this tool be used annually, particularly following an annual general meeting and/or change in committee members.
- Office of Fair Trading - the Queensland Government body for incorporated associations
- Australian Sports Commission - the federal government body for sport and recreation
- Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing - the Queensland Government body for sport and recreation
- Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services - the Queensland Government body for communities
Other support and industry groups
- Volunteering Queensland - information on volunteering services, education and training
- Community Door - information, tools and resources to support community organisations in Queensland
- Our Community - practical advice on grants and support for not-for-profit organisations
- Indigenous Sport Queensland - enhancing the development of indigenous sport in Queensland
- Queensland Outdoor Recreation Federation - information on a broad range of topics and resources relevant to those involved in outdoor activities, including mountain biking, trail bikes, horse riding
- QSport - the representative body for organised, affiliated sport in Queensland
- The Queensland Fitness, Sport and Recreation Skills Alliance - a workforce development advisory body serving the fitness, sport and recreation industries
- Inclusive Brisbane Professional Advice Alliance - a group of experienced industry professionals who provide free expert advice for community and not-for-profit organisations on organisational sustainability, development and infrastructure issues.
- Community leasing - information for current and prospective tenants of Council facilities
For further advice on resources for sport and community organisations phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak to the Community Facilities Operations Team or email email@example.com.