Musgrave Park Pool upgrade
Brisbane City Council is planning to upgrade the Musgrave Park Pool in South Brisbane. This is part of our commitment to creating new lifestyle and leisure opportunities through better facilities and venues for all ages and abilities to enjoy.
|Address||Musgrave Park Pool, 100 Edmonstone Street, South Brisbane|
|Project outcome||Improved pool facilities for all ages and abilities to enjoy|
Start of construction
About the project
This upgrade is part of Brisbane City Council’s commitment to creating new lifestyle and leisure opportunities and delivering vibrant, liveable communities.
The Musgrave Park Pool upgrade includes works to:
- replace the aging pool shell with a new level wet deck shell and new finishes
- widen and deepen the pool to enable water polo activities, school training and swimming carnivals
- make the pool accessible for visitors of all ages and abilities to enjoy by installing a new ramp and two new shower/changerooms for people with a disability
- replace filtration systems, in-ground pipework, plant equipment (including power supply) to extend the operational life of the pool
- provide the potential to extend pool operating months by providing heating.
Council expects construction to commence in May 2019 with an expectation of completion by mid-2020, weather and site conditions permitting. Construction will generally take place between 6am and 6pm, Monday to Saturday.
During these works, you can expect:
Noise, dust and other construction impacts
Construction noise, dust and vibration at times including:
- jack hammering
- compaction of fill
- pouring of concrete.
Increased vehicle movements with reversing alarms and flashing lights. Due to workplace health and safety requirements, reversing beepers cannot be switched off.
Musgrave Park Pool will close in late April 2019 with the closure continuing through the summer 2019/2020 season.
Nearest pools open to the public include:
- Somerville House Aquatic Centre, 4 Stephens Road, South Brisbane
- QUT Pool, Gardens Point Campus, Brisbane City
- Valley Pool, 432 Wickham Street, Fortitude Valley
- Centenary Pool, 400 Gregory Terrace, Spring Hill
- Spring Hill Baths, 14 Torrington Street, Spring Hill
- Ithaca Pool, 131 Caxton Street, Paddington.
Energex works to switch the power network over to the new transformer may impact power and telecommunications services. Energex will provide prior notice of any scheduled service disruptions.
Trees along the Edmondstone Street frontage will need to be removed to provide space to install the new power transformer for the facility and allow for the access paths within the site. Replacement trees will be planted in line with Council’s offset planting policy.
No major impacts on footpath, on-street parking and park access are expected. Every effort will be made to minimise disruption wherever possible.
We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding while we deliver a better pool facility.
If you would like to find out more about the Musgrave Park Pool upgrade you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416
- phone Council 24-hour Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888
- email City Projects Office
- write to:
Musgrave Park Pool upgrade
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.