Brisbane City Council libraries cater for all ages and all interests with an exciting range of books, CDs, magazines, DVDs and more.
The Collection Development Statement explains how we allocate our library funds. The statement defines:
- the aims of the Collection Development Statement
- priorities for collection development
- collection types, how they are accessed and their target audience
- how items are selected for the collection
- selection criteria for item selection, and item evaluation
- how we maintain our collection.
Download a copy of the Collection Development Statement (PDF - 229kb).
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free.
The Brisbane City Council library service is obliged to comply with the decisions made by the Australian Government Classification Board in regard to restrictions placed on access to publications.
Supervision of material read or accessed by anyone under 18 years of age is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.
The library service supports the Australian Library and Information Association's (ALIA) statements on access to information, especially their policy statement on free access to information.