New Farm Library upgrade
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that construction works for the New Farm Library upgrade project are now complete. This upgrade was part of Council’s commitment to creating new lifestyle and leisure opportunities and delivering vibrant, liveable communities.
|Address||135 Sydney Street, New Farm|
|Project outcomes||Improved services at New Farm Library including enhanced accessibility features and improved internal and external facilities|
End of construction
About the project
The works have improved services at New Farm Library, including enhanced accessibility features and improved internal and external facilities, including a new outdoor terrace.
The upgrade involved:
- construction of a new covered outdoor terrace including stairs and an accessible ramp
- construction of a new reading space, program room and children’s area
- internal improvements including the installation of new carpets and furniture and an upgrade of the toilet facilities
- construction of a new path along the north east boundary of the building
- widening the existing carpark to improve accessibility
- installation of new landscaping.
Council would like to thank residents and library users for their patience while these works were undertaken.
The New Farm Library upgrade project commended in mid-October 2017 and was completed in July 2018.
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions or find out more about the New Farm Library upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside of business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
New Farm Library upgrade project team
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.