Teralba Park playground upgrade - Everton Park
The works involved replacing the old playground, which has been popular and well used for almost 20 years with more modern play equipment that provides improved access and play opportunities for children of all abilities.
The Teralba Park playground upgrade is part of Council’s commitment to keeping Brisbane clean and green, making our city liveable and sustainable for future generations.
|Address||Teralba Park, Everton Park|
|Project outcomes||Upgrade playground|
Playground re-opened Saturday 28 July 2018.
About the project
The upgrade provides an exciting and accessible playground for all children in the community to enjoy and supports Council’s target of ensuring that 50% of Brisbane’s district-level parks meet accessibility and inclusion standards by 2031.
The upgrade included:
- new playground equipment pieces, including a sensory area with a range of activity panels
- all abilities access playground equipment, including a basket swing, spinner, sensory panels and seesaw
- accessible pathways to the playground
- rubber soft fall across most of the playground area
- new shade sail coverings.
The existing community art and sandpit has been retained, and the Cissus (shrub) maze rejuvenated.
If you have any questions about the project, phone Council’s 24-hour contact centre on 07 3403 8888 or email email@example.com.