Using Council parks for events and activities

Brisbane's public open spaces provide visual, ecological, recreational, heritage and cultural amenity to benefit the people of Brisbane and make our city liveable.

The Public Land and Council Assets Local Law 2014 controls park use and provides guidelines and processes to enable residents to enjoy our parks.

Use this page to find out how to apply to use Brisbane City Council parks for major events, filming, personal training and other park events and activities.


Launching drones from Council parks

Several parks across Brisbane have been chosen to include designated areas for launching and landing drones and other remotely piloted aircraft. Find out more about launching and landing drones in Brisbane.


Entertainment permit

If you're proposing a major event where more than 2,000 people are expected to attend, you'll need to apply for an Entertainment Event Permit. 


Filming consent

If you plan to film in a public place for student or commercial purposes, including Council parks, you'll need to apply for Filming consent.


Personal training

If you're a personal trainer or other commercial outdoor fitness training operator wanting to conduct your activities in a Council park, you'll need consent from Council. 

Dog in park

Commercial activity in a park

To activate our green spaces and grow local business, Brisbane City Council supports a range of commercial activities in parks, such as animal training, markets, food stalls and fun runs. Council regulates these commercial activities to ensure public health and safety.


Park bookings and consents

Some organised activities or events in Council parks need a park booking or approval. Find out what activities require approval and how to make an application.


Vehicle access to a park

Find out how to apply for vehicle access to a park for construction purposes or delivery of equipment.


Park fees

Find out about fees for activities and events in parks, as well as information on security bonds and other fees that may apply.


Mobile food vehicle

Find out when you need to consider applying for a mobile food business licence, including the permitted locations.