The Emily Seebohm Aquatic Centre - Fitzgibbon
The Emily Seebohm Aquatic Centre, Fitzgibbon officially opened on 14 February 2016. The pool offers swimming lessons, squad programs and aqua aerobics.
The centre has a:
- heated, 25-metre, six-lane, outdoor pool with accessible ramp
- heated, 25-metre indoor programs pool with accessible ramp
- large, grassed leisure area
- shaded seating area.
Specialised equipment at this pool includes:
- ramp access in the heated, indoor programs pool
- ramp access in the heated, outdoor, 25-metre lap pool
- ceiling mounted patient hoist for people with disabilities
- adjustable height adult change table for people with disabilities
- submersible wheelchair
- accessible changing place room.
- Aqua aerobics
- Disabled access/facilities
- Heated pool
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Squad swimming
- Swimming lessons
- Monday: 5.30am-7pm
- Tuesday: 5.30am-7pm
- Wednesday: 5.30am-7pm
- Thursday: 5.30am-7pm
- Friday: 5.30am-7pm
- Saturday: 6am-6pm
- Sunday: 8am-6pm
Public holidays: 9am-5pm
Closed Christmas and Good Friday
25m indoor pool - public availability in summer:
Monday-Wednesday: 5.30am-3.30pm and 5-6.15pm
Thursday-Friday: 5.30am-3.30pm and 5-7pm
Saturday: 6-7am and 9am-6pm
- Adults (15 years and over): $5.70
- Child (two to 14 years): $4.10
- Child (under two years): free
- Concession: $4.70
- Spectator: $4.60
- Family pass (one adult and two children): $12.10
- Extra adult: $5.10
- Extra child: $3.60
- 20-pass adult: $101.50
- 20-pass concession: $85
- 3 month adult: $189.50
- 3 month child: $153.50
- 3 month concession: $136
- 1 month adult: $70
- 1 month child: $58
- 1 month concession: $55.50
Conditions of entry apply.
Concession means the holder of an Aged or Disability Concession Card only issued by Centrelink or a Gold Card issued by the Department of Veteran's Affairs.
All Council pools now honour the Queensland Government Companion Card, allowing free entry for anyone accompanying a person with disability who requires attendant care support.
Venue hire is available. Lane and medical hire is also available for individuals. Contact the centre for more information.
For more information on pool/venue facilities, lane availability for lap swimming, activities, bookings and fees, contact the venue by phone, email the pool, or visit the Australian Crawl website.
Shared on-site parking.
Council endorses the Keep Watch public education program of the Royal Life Saving Society Australia.
Keep watch @ public pools
When by the pool with kids, Keep Watch @ public pools recommends:
- for zero-five year olds and non-swimmers, a parent or guardian be in the water at all times within arms' reach of the child/non-swimmer
- for six-10 year olds, they be actively supervised by a parent or guardian. Carers should be prepared to get wet and enter the water with this age group
- for 11-14 year olds, parents or guardians should physically check on children on a regular basis.