Sandgate Aquatic Centre
Located on the Sandgate Foreshore, Brisbane City Council's Sandgate Aquatic Centre includes a 50-metre outdoor pool and a leisure pool.
Use this page to find pool information, opening hours and entry fees. The centre closes during winter.
Construction on the upgrade of the Sandgate Aquatic Centre has commenced. Find out more about the Sandgate Aquatic Centre upgrade.
There are currently no showers or barbecue facilities within the venue while the pool upgrade is taking place. If required, the pool can issue you a pass-out to access the barbecue facilities 50 metres from the venue.
- Outdoor pool
- Wading pool
- Water play
- Monday: 5.30am-7pm
- Tuesday: 5.30am-7pm
- Wednesday: 5.30am-7pm
- Thursday: 5.30am-7pm
- Friday: 5.30am-7pm
- Saturday: 6am-6pm
- Sunday: 8am-6pm
Public holidays: 9am-5pm
The splash pad is open from 9am-4pm daily.
Sandgate pool is a seasonal pool and will close for winter. The last day of operation will be Monday 22 April. The pool will re-open in September 2019.
Easter opening hours
Good Friday: closed
- Adults (over 15 years and over): $5.70
- Child (two-14 years): $4.10
- Child (under two years): free
- Concession: $4.70
- Spectator: $4.60
- Family pass (one adult and two children): $12.10
- Extra adult: $5.10
- Extra child: $3.60
Entry fee includes slides.
- 20-pass adult: $101.50
- 20-pass concession: $85
Membership fees (2018/2019)
- three month adult: $189.50
- three month child: $153.50
- three month concession: $136
- one month adult: $70
- one month child: $58
- one month concession: $55.50
Conditions of entry apply.
EFTPOS facilities available.
Children 12 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a supervising person 18 years of age or older.
'Concession' means the holder of a aged or disability concession card issued by Centrelink or a Gold Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs.
All Council pools now honour the Queensland Government Companion Card allowing free entry for anyone accompanying a person with disability who requires attendant care support.
For more information on pool/venue facilities, lane availability for lap swimming, activities, bookings and fees, contact the venue by phone or visit the Australian Crawl website.
Car park available.
Council endorses the Keep Watch public education program of the Royal Life Saving Society - Australia.
Keep Watch @ public pools
When by the pool with your kids Keep Watch @ public pools recommends:
- for 0-5 year olds and non-swimmers, a parent or guardian must be in the water at all times within arms' reach of the child/non-swimmer
- for 6-10 year olds, constant active supervision is required by a parent or guardian. Be prepared to get wet and enter the water with this age group
- for 11-14 year olds, parents or guardians must physically check on children on a regular basis.