Bellbowrie Pool upgrade
Upgrades have started at the Bellbowrie Pool in West Brisbane. This is part of Council’s commitment to creating new lifestyle and leisure opportunities through better facilities and venues for all ages and abilities to enjoy.
|Address||Bellbowrie Pool, 47 Birkin Road, Bellbowrie|
|Project outcome||Improved pool facilities for all ages and abilities to enjoy|
|Latest update||Start of construction|
About the project
This upgrade is part of Council’s commitment to:
- creating new lifestyle and leisure opportunities
- delivering vibrant, liveable communities.
The Bellbowrie Pool upgrade will deliver improved pool facilities for all ages and abilities to enjoy and includes:
- installing a new ramp to improve accessibility to the 50m pool
- refurbishing, repairing and tiling the 50m the pool shell
- installing a new balance tank and connections
- installing new level drains in the 50m pool deck
- installing new pumps
- refurbishing the 50m pool filters
- conversion of 50m pool and round pool to salt water chlorination
- upgrading the 25m pool heater to more energy efficient heat pumps
- new filtration system to the round splash pool.
Construction commenced in mid-March 2019 and will be completed by late 2019, weather and site conditions permitting. Construction will generally take place between 6.30am and 6.30pm, Monday to Saturday.
The pool will be closed for the duration of the works, until early November 2019.
The 25-metre pool will reopen on 21 September 2019 for the summer season.
During construction, local businesses and nearby residents can expect some construction noise, dust and vibration at times.
Expected activities include:
- jack hammering
- compaction of fill
- pouring of concrete.
There will be an increase in vehicle movements around the site with reversing alarms and flashing lights. Due to workplace health and safety requirements, reversing beepers cannot be switched off.
Every effort will be made to minimise disruption wherever possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we deliver a better pool facility.
If you would like to find out more about the Bellbowrie Pool upgrade you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681
- phone Council 24-hour Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888
- email City Projects Office
- write to:
Bellbowrie Pool upgrade
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.