Bracken Ridge Library project
Brisbane City Council has completed construction for the new Bracken Ridge Library which incorporates the Bracken Ridge Ward Office.
|Address||Bracken Ridge Library, 77 Bracken Street, Bracken Ridge|
|Project outcome||Improved services at the Bracken Ridge Library|
About the project
Works included building a new library, undercover car park and Ward Office in and around the existing library car park area nearest to Ferguson Park. This precinct includes the existing Community Hall and Jabiru Community College.
The new library includes:
- a terrace area
- a separate deck overlooking Ferguson Park
- new public meeting rooms with AV facilities, kitchenettes and after hours access
- improved accessibility including a new lift
- a children’s library, quiet room and reading lounge
- Wi-Fi throughout and eight computer internet stations
- the latest RFID technology for easy customer service borrowing and returns
two new car parks providing approximately 50 spaces and new bike racks:
- under the library, and
- at ground level between the new library and existing Community Hall
- a grassed square in the centre of the precinct and other new landscaping.
Construction commenced on Monday 7 January 2019 and was completed in mid-November 2019.
For more information about the new Bracken Ridge Library project:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (during working hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
New Bracken Ridge Library project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.