Sandgate Library upgrade
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise works to upgrade the Sandgate Library are now complete.
This project took place at the existing Sandgate Library site, located at Sandgate Town Hall, 1 Seymour Street, Sandgate.
The works involved:
- a reconfiguration of the existing spaces to create a new reading lounge, children’s library and more efficient back-of-house area
- an internal refresh of the interiors with new wall painting, carpet, a drinking fountain, furniture and shelving
- and externally, new library signage was installed.
The Sandgate Library upgrade is part of Council’s commitment to delivering new opportunities for you to connect with family and friends in the places that make our city great.
Join us for the official opening of the new look Sandgate Library from 9am on Saturday 1 February 2020. Celebrate the new library spaces with a host of free events and entertainment, including an author talk, live performances, craft activities and more. For more information about the Sandgate Library official opening day, visit our Libraries events page or speak to a library staff member.
If you would like more information on the Sandgate Library upgrade works, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.