2021 Gold Star and Little Stars Reading Club programs
Children from all over Brisbane are invited to take part in reading programs at Brisbane City Council libraries this winter.
The 2021 Gold Star Reading Club program for children aged 6-12 years will again be joined by the literacy program for young children known as the Little Stars Reading Club program. Designed for children aged 0-5 years and their carers, the Little Stars Reading Club program is a wonderful way to connect and bond with your child while developing their early literacy skills.
Both programs commence in Council libraries on Saturday 1 May and run until Saturday 31 July 2021.
Reasons to join the reading programs?
- Membership is free.
- Council's reading club programs can help children improve their reading and literacy skills.
- Children will be rewarded for reading with exciting monthly incentive prizes.
- It's fun! Children will have fun sharing their reading experiences with family and friends.
How the programs work
The Gold Star Reading Club is a three month program for children aged 6-12 years.
The Little Stars Reading Club is a three month program for children aged 0-5 years.
Register your child for the Gold Star Reading Club or Little Stars Reading Club:
To register, your child must be a member of the library. Find out how to join a library.
Once registered, reading club members can collect a pocket book from their local library. This book includes program information and a reading progress chart.
Prizes and incentives
By reading a minimum of three books of their choice each month and recording the details in their pocket book, children can collect nine gold stars and monthly incentive rewards.
Children who collect all nine gold stars are eligible to:
- receive a medallion and a certificate of achievement
- attend their local awards ceremony with their family.
For information about the Gold Star or Little Stars Reading program, you can:
- visit your local library
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888.