Dog off-leash area projects
Brisbane City Council is committed to installing new, and upgrading existing, dog off-leash areas (DOLAs) across the city to ensure the community can exercise and socialise their dogs in a variety of spaces.
The table below summarises Council DOLA projects that have been recently completed.
The DOLA area within Waterfront Park has been upgraded.
The works included:
- installing new bench seating (existing bench seating was retained)
- providing fencing along the path edge and around the perimeter of the DOLA
- installing pedestrian access gates, including signage and bins
- providing a central lawn area with a run length of 51 metres
- enhancing landscaping along the fence line.
Construction commenced in early September 2021 and was completed in late November 2021. The works were jointly funded by the Australian Government and Council.
The completed works are in line with Council's aim of creating a safe, vibrant, green and prosperous city, valued for its friendly and optimistic character and enjoyable lifestyle.