Dog off-leash area projects
Brisbane City Council is committed to installing new, and upgrading existing, dog off-leash areas (DOLAs) across the city to ensure the community can exercise and socialise their dogs in a variety of spaces.
The table below summarises Council DOLA projects that have been recently completed and are under construction.
After a trial, unfenced DOLA started in 2019, Council is installing a fenced DOLA in the park area currently used by dog owners.
The project is expected to begin in early September 2021 and be completed by early November 2021, weather and site conditions permitting. Construction will be undertaken between 6.30am and 6.30pm, Monday to Friday.
The DOLA will include:
- installing new bench seating (existing bench seating will be retained)
- providing fencing along the path edge and around the perimeter of the DOLA
- installing pedestrian access gates, including signage and bins
- providing a central lawn area with a run length of 51 metres
- enhancing landscaping along the fence line.
Temporary partial closure of Waterfront Park is required to complete the works and to enable construction to proceed safely. Fencing and signs will outline and close off the construction area, while safe pedestrian access around the work site will be maintained at all times. The partial closure will not affect the playground or picnic shelter area.
The Waterfront Park DOLA is jointly funded by the Australian Government and Brisbane City Council.
This DOLA installation is in line with Council's aim to create a safe, vibrant, green and prosperous city, valued for its friendly and optimistic character and enjoyable lifestyle.
For more information about this project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Dog off-leash area projects team
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.