Sunset Park closed landfill leachate management works - Ashgrove
Stage 1 of construction works to extend the sewer line adjacent to properties in Monoplane Street and into Sunset Park, Ashgrove were completed in August 2019.
Construction works for the sewer line extension included:
- extending the sewer line to the end of Monoplane Street and into Sunset Park
- installing two new manholes
- removal of street trees to allow works
- installation of bollards.
The sewer line extension works complete Stage 1 of the project and will enable Stage 2 to take place in the future. Stage 2 will involve upgrading the leachate collection system associated with the closed landfill. The leachate system collects any contaminated water and directs it to the sewer main for treatment.
Timing of Stage 2 of the project depends on future budget allocation. Council will keep local residents and businesses informed about as planning progresses.
For more information about the Sunset Park closed landfill leachate management works, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during working hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the team
- write to:
Sunset Park closed landfill leachate management works
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.