Fallon Park playground
Brisbane City Council is creating more to see and do by upgrading community facilities in Fallon Park. Works to deliver a new playground in Fallon Park, will be commencing soon.
|Address||30 Fallon Street, Everton Park|
|Project outcomes||Construct a new playground in Fallon Park, including new toilet amenities|
|Latest update||Construction starting from mid-September 2023 – Late 2023|
About the project
The Fallon Park Playground project will deliver a new playground, behind Fallon Cottage, that responds to the needs of our growing community.
This park upgrade is part of an ongoing program to design and construct parks and facilities to meet and balance the needs of Brisbane’s residents and visitors.
The project is part of Council’s commitment to continue activating and improving the quality of visitor experience, condition and accessibility of Brisbane's parks and playgrounds, allowing for greater participation within the park network.
There is currently no playground in this section of Fallon Park. The existing toilet block will be demolished and a new toilet block will included as part of the project. The existing small playground, accessible from Stellmach Street, is not part of this scope of works.
This project is being coordinated with the delivery of the new Everton Park Library which is set to open in early 2024.
These works will include:
- installation of the new playground, behind Fallon Cottage, with a range of bespoke equipment to encourage explorative play
- installation of shade sails
- demolition of the existing toilet block
- construction of new toilet block
- improved pathway connections to the new Everton Park Library, Fallon Cottage and the Everton Park Bowls Club.
- seating and landscaping.
In order to complete these works, one small tree and some vegetation will need to be removed. All works will be undertaken in accordance with Council’s policies and procedures.
These works will start in mid-September 2023 and be completed in late 2023, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Works will be undertaken between 6:30am and 6pm, Monday to Saturday. Where out of hours are required, advanced notification will be provided to the local community.
The park will be closed for the duration of works with construction fencing established around the works area to ensure the safety of community members and workers. There will be no changes to access to Fallon Cottage.
If you live in or are travelling through the area, you may experience
- an increase in general construction impacts such as noise, dust and vibrations
- increased construction vehicle movements
- temporary access changes, including the closure of the existing toilet block, limited carparking availability and pedestrian detour routes.
Council will make every effort to minimise disruption during these works. We appreciate your patience while we complete these important works.
If you would like to find out more about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on (07) 3403 8888 (outside of business hours)
- email project team.