Forest Lake Dam spillway pipeline refurbishment
Refurbishment of the spillway pipeline at the Forest Lake Dam will start early March 2019, weather permitting.
|Address||The Lake Parklands, Forest Lake|
|Project outcomes||Maintenance of assets|
|Latest update||Start of construction|
About the project
Further to a third-party safety audit, Brisbane City Council has identified the spillway pipeline at the Forest Lake Dam is in need of refurbishment to continue to service the dam.
Works will involve:
- installing temporary ventilation and access scaffold at both the entry and exit points for the duration of the works
- cleaning the interior surface of the pipes
- applying a new protective coating to the pipes.
Works will include:
- the use of generators and air compressors
- sandblasting and grinding
- the use of trucks and light vehicles.
As works will be undertaken inside the pipelines, the local community can expect minimal impacts from these works.
Council will make every effort to minimise disruption to the local community during these works. Council will provide advance notification of particularly noisy works or major access changes to properties within the works area.
Construction will start in early March 2019. Completion is expected in mid-May 2019, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Construction will take place between 6.30am and 6.30pm, Monday to Saturday.
We're committed to keeping the community informed of construction in their area and will provide advance notification of out-of-hours activities.
To find out more about the Forest Lake Dam spillway pipeline refurbishment project you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- write to:
Forest Lake Dam Spillway Pipeline Refurbishment
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.