Ray Lynch Park improvement - Holland Park
The Ray Lynch Park improvement project will provide a space for a variety of uses, including green shady spots to have lunch and a grassy area for picnics and recreational activities.
|Address||Ray Lynch Park, between Halsey and Seville streets, Holland Park|
|Project outcomes||To deliver improvements to Ray Lynch Park|
|Latest update||Start of construction|
About the project
Council is creating more to see and do in a clean and green Brisbane meaning more opportunities to enjoy Brisbane's beautiful climate and connect with family and friends in the places that make our city great.
Works for Ray Lynch Park include:
- a new picnic shelter
- new playground equipment
- outdoor fitness equipment
- installation of a new security light
- new accessible paths through the park to allow for easy pedestrian travel.
The park area is located between Halsey Street and Seville Street and borders the Holland Park Library. The current project provides an opportunity to complement the recent library refurbishment work. It also provides a sympathetic renewal of facilities in Ray Lynch Park to position the combined Council assets in this location as an important local community hub.
This project will replace the much loved and well used playground with more modern equipment that provides improved access and play opportunities for children of all abilities.
- Ray Lynch Park improvement project plan (PDF - 1.1Mb)
- Ray Lynch Park improvement project plan (Word - 2 Mb)
- Ray Lynch Park improvement project newsletter - November 2018 (PDF - 1.4Mb)
- Ray Lynch Park improvement project newsletter - November 2018 (Word - 1.5Mb).
Th project will deliver a space that:
- increases accessible green space
- promotes a sense of community
- encourages recreational activity in our wonderful subtropical climate.
The Ray Lynch Park improvement project is part of Council's commitment to keeping Brisbane clean and green, making our city liveable and sustainable for future generations.
Construction will take place between 6.30am and 6.30pm, Monday to Friday and will be completed in late 2019, weather and construction conditions permitting. Council is committed to keeping the community informed of construction in their area and will provide advance notification of any out-of-hours construction.
Local residents and businesses in close proximity to the work area may experience some construction noise, dust and low levels of vibration. Due to workplace health and safety requirements reversing beepers cannot be turned off. Every effort will be made to minimise disruption to the local community during this work.
Council would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time and thank the community for their patience while we complete this important work.
If you would like to find out more about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Brisbane City Council
GPO Bx 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.