Ray Lynch Park improvement - Holland Park
The Ray Lynch Park improvement project provides a space for a variety of uses, including green shady spots to have lunch and a grassy area for picnics and recreational activities.
|Address||Ray Lynch Park, between Halsey and Seville streets, Holland Park|
|Project outcomes||Delivered improvements to Ray Lynch Park|
|Latest update||End of construction|
About the project
Council is creating more to see and do in a clean and green Brisbane meaning more opportunities to enjoy Brisbane's beautiful climate and connect with family and friends in the places that make our city great.
The Ray Lynch Park improvement works included:
- a new picnic shelter
- new playground equipment
- outdoor fitness equipment
- installation of a new security light
- new accessible paths through the park to allow for easy pedestrian travel.
The park area is located between Halsey Street and Seville Street and borders the Holland Park Library. The project provided an opportunity to complement the recent library refurbishment work. It also provided a sympathetic renewal of facilities in Ray Lynch Park to position the combined Council assets in this location as an important local community hub.
This project replaced the much loved and well-used playground with more modern equipment that provides improved access and play opportunities for children of all abilities.
- Ray Lynch Park improvement project plan (PDF - 1.1Mb)
- Ray Lynch Park improvement project plan (Word - 2 Mb)
- Ray Lynch Park improvement project newsletter - November 2018 (PDF - 1.4Mb)
- Ray Lynch Park improvement project newsletter - November 2018 (Word - 1.5Mb).
The project delivered a space that:
- increases accessible green space
- promotes a sense of community
- encourages recreational activity in our wonderful subtropical climate.
The Ray Lynch Park improvement project is part of Council's commitment to keeping Brisbane clean and green, making our city liveable and sustainable for future generations.
Works to improve Ray Lynch Park started in August 2019 and were completed in November 2019.
If you would like to find out more about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Brisbane City Council
GPO Bx 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.