Ed Devenport Skate Park upgrade - Lota
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that works to replace the Ed Devenport Skate Park are now complete and the skate park is open for use.
|Address||Bowering Street, Lota|
|Project outcomes||Skate park replacement|
|Latest update||Construction complete|
About the project
The Ed Devenport Skate Park is located in Bowering Street, Lota, at the Ed Devenport Rotary Park. It was built in the late 1990s and has been a popular spot since its construction for skaters and park users.
In 2020, Council undertook an audit of skate parks across Brisbane and identified that the Ed Devenport Skate Park required significant repairs to ensure its longevity. In 2021, Council received grant funding from the Australian Government to replace the skate park with a new design that creates improved recreational opportunities for the local community.
This project is fully funded by the Australian Government under the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure grant program.
Skate park design
Council released the final design of the Ed Devenport skate park following consultation with the local community and park users.
Consultation for the Ed Devenport skate park occurred in October 2021 for two weeks.
Council carefully considered all feedback provided and incorporated it in the design of the final skate park where possible.
The final design for the Ed Devenport Skate Park upgrade included:
- new ramp and skate transition options
- wide plaza steps for easy access from the footpath to the skate park
- moving the basketball practice court further into the park
- new seat and water fountain
- coloured concrete on some skateable elements for improved visual appearance.
Council thanks the community for their feedback on the design.
Works on the Ed Devenport skate park upgrade project began in late 2021 and are now complete.
The works include:
- construction of the new skate park
- construction of the new basketball practice court
- construction of a new seat and water fountain
- installation of a new park boundary fence.
If you would like to find out more about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Ed Devenport Skate Park upgrade project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.