Milton Urban Common
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that construction for a new urban common park in Milton is now complete. The project construction started in May 2019 and was completed as scheduled in October 2019.
The much-loved inner-city suburb of Milton is evolving into a thriving urban hub for businesses and residents. To support growth in this area, the new Milton Urban Common park has been built on the corner of Manning Street and Railway Terrace in Milton, adding to the more than 2100 parks across our city.
|Address||Corner of Manning Street and Railway Terrace, Milton|
|Project outcomes||A new urban common park for a variety of uses|
|Latest update||Project completed in October 2019|
About the project
Brisbane City Council is committed to keeping Brisbane clean and green, making our city liveable and sustainable for future generations.
The Milton Urban Common project has created a new recreational green space and a place to promote a sense of community in Milton. The works have provided space for a variety of uses, including green, shady spots to have lunch and a grassy area for picnics and recreational activities.
The project works included:
- green open space
- a large area of turf to allow flexible uses (e.g. informal play and recreation), framed by planting and feature seating
- subtropical landscaping, including large feature trees and lush gardens
- street furniture, public art, shad structures, drinking fountain, swing and lighting
- new accessible paths to allow easy pedestrian travel
- a new fully accessible toilet block to provide much needed public amenities.
Milton Urban Common has delivered a space that:
- increases accessible green space
- promotes a sense of community
- encourages recreational activity in our wonderful subtropical climate.
The Milton Urban Common project is part of Council's commitment to keeping Brisbane clean and green, making our city liveable and sustainable for future generations.
If you would like to find out more about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001