Toohey Forest Park facilities upgrade - Nathan
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that the Toohey Forest Park facilities upgrade is now complete.
|Address||Toohey Road, Nathan|
|Project outcomes||Upgraded picnic area, visitor car park and viewing platforms, as well as a new amenities block|
This project is complete.
About the project
Located 10 kilometres south of Brisbane at 600 Toohey Road in Nathan, Toohey Forest Park spans approximately 260 hectares.
The Toohey Forest Park facilities upgrade project aims to improve accessibility and connectivity through Toohey Forest as well as provide enhanced amenity and safety for park visitors.
The upgrade was delivered in two stages.
- Toohey Forest Park facilities upgrade project plan (PDF - 2.9Mb)
- Toohey Forest Park facilities upgrade project plan (Word - 1.9Mb).
Stage 1 works were undertaken from April 2018 to July 2018 and included:
- reconfiguring the car park to include 33 spaces (increased from 24 spaces), including two spaces for people with disabilities
- widening the entrance at Toohey Road to improve safety for road users and pedestrians
- installing an access path between the Toohey Road entrance and the picnic area
- upgrading existing lighting in the car park to LED lighting
- upgrading the existing picnic area to ensure all-abilities access
- installing new picnic facilities including a new deck with shelters and barbecues
- upgrading a section of the Toohey Ridge Track including resurfacing works.
Stage 2 works were undertaken from March to June 2019 and included:
- installing a new accessible compost toilet facility
- upgrading the two existing lookout areas along the Sandstone Circuit walking trail:
- one includes a dedicated timber viewing platform
- the other includes a timber deck and picnic setting.
Council thanks residents and parks users for their patience during the upgrade.
The Toohey Forest Park facilities upgrade is part of Council’s commitment to keeping Brisbane clean, green and sustainable.
View the Toohey Forest track map.
If you would like to provide comments, ask questions or find out more about the Toohey Forest Park facilities upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team
- write to:
Toohey Forest Park facilities upgrade project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.